need multiple pages for my events!!

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

mwhiz

need multiple pages for my events!!

Post by mwhiz »

after viewing a few thousand movies "my events" page is starting to get kinda long... ~70 movies in the list now. i'm thinking that it would be a good idea if the my events page had multiple sub pages, with maybe 50-100 events per page. for all i know this is already built in, but it'll take forever to load a page with 1000+ events.

Movies Viewed: 3095
Sensitivity: 99%

:P :D
Last edited by mwhiz on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

agh... my events is starting to get REALLY long.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
icebike

Re: need multiple pages for my events!!

Post by icebike »

mwhiz wrote:after viewing a few thousand movies "my events" page is starting to get kinda long... ~70 movies in the list now. i'm thinking that it would be a good idea if the my events page had multiple sub pages, with maybe 50-100 events per page. for all i know this is already built in, but it'll take forever to load a page with 1000+ events.
:P :D
Huh? Its just TEXT. The page loads fast.

The page size of your events list is WAY less than a single movie.

Oh, I get it, that was a ruse to casually mention how many movies you zipped through....
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Closing in on 5000 real movies and under 30 events. And more than a couple of those are there for interesting artifacts not tracks. I would still ove to know, if by now with the over-reporting that must be going on, if basically EVERY movie has been flagged at least once. Sigh.

Over 7600 signed up.
Total score on my top 100 is 99582.
+40 868 (almost doubled) in a day and a half.
35000 movies means 8.5 times each has been viewed.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

if your myevents list is already so long you might consider looking a bit longer to your movies.
On a total number of 700.000 movies up to 100 tracks ar expected. Let it be a very negative assumption say 10 times to low, even then your number of hits is on the high side.

Guess what i am saying is this: Make sure you are sure that your movie contains a track. (and perhaps you just are one lucky dude ;) )

Happy hunting
Just dusting... Image
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

well. i agree. i should reassess how closely i am looking at the movies. but about the rest of what you said... if someone goes too fast they're accused of not looking well enough. now your accusing me of going to fast because i'm finding to much???? what? not quite sure how that works out. it really sounds like your just antsy to tell me i'm doing something wrong.

most of the movies i'm marking have those small black dots well under the surface, and given that these seem like good candidates for marking, I MARK THEM. oh, just to convince you guys that i'm not marking tons of random things: on average-> 5.85 people have marked the things i've marked.
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
icebike

Post by icebike »

Wolter wrote:if your myevents list is already so long you might consider looking a bit longer to your movies.
On a total number of 700.000 movies up to 100 tracks ar expected. Let it be a very negative assumption say 10 times to low, even then your number of hits is on the high side.

Guess what i am saying is this: Make sure you are sure that your movie contains a track. (and perhaps you just are one lucky dude ;) )

Happy hunting
The web site hints at 1.6million movies. Now you are saying 700k.

So which is it?
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

planetary society says 700K, as does wikipedia.. that's probably where he got that.
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

@mwhiz, Just noticed that your hitrate seems quite high compared to what is expected. But then again we should expect the unexpected :)
And i agree, anything in focus which is under the surface: click on it.

@icebike, the original planning was 1.6 mil. but the actual microscope used has a larger ccd so the surface of the movies is bigger than planned and thus there are lesser movies.
Just dusting... Image
icebike

Post by icebike »

mwhiz wrote: if someone goes too fast they're accused of not looking well enough. now your accusing me of going to fast because i'm finding to much???? what?
I don't think what was said rises to the definition of an accusation. Don't be so sensitive. Everyone appreciates your effort.

It was merely pointed out that you are finding more items than were expected.

Until we get some CLEAR GUIDANCE from the Team on these buried objects which don't have obvious trails, or which are much fainter that the training movies, the safest bet is to continue to mark them.

GIVEN THE LEVEL OF EFFORT supplied free of charge by world-wide volunteers,
it would seem to me that the Dust Team could sacrifice a couple hours of their time to break out the high-rez images
of some of these small embedded particles and faint tracks and PUBLISH some official guidance
on whether we should continue to mark these, rather than some offhand remark relayed in an obscure thread by a DustMod.
Are you listening Dr. Butterworth
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

word. thank you icebike.
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky