After a calibration test can we receive a test's result mail

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Choucas

After a calibration test can we receive a test's result mail

Post by Choucas »

After a calibration test can we receive a test's result mail ?
So we can know if we are efficient or not in track's search.
Sundevil

Post by Sundevil »

If I understand correctly, I think that there will be a website that will list our statistics as to how accurate we are in the test movies. And how many movies we have done.
Choucas

Post by Choucas »

In the question ‘True discoverer’ on the forum FAQs Bmendez wrote:

‘Each volunteer will get a score based on how well they do with "calibration" movies that will be shown to them at random. The calibration movies are movies that we know ahead of time to contain or not contain a track. The volunteer won't know when they are viewing real data or a calibration frame.’

So I think that, after a calibration movie, it will be interesting for us to know what was the result of the calibration movie test ? May be we can receive an automatic mail with the result or have access to our score. Of course I think that it is normal that we don’t know when we are viewing real data or a calibration movie.
Sundevil

Post by Sundevil »

Maybe in the corner of the screen it could tell you what the results from the last movie was. I would like to know some followup information about how many people looked at it, was there anybody who detected a particle on it, was it a test image, and some other information.
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi All,

When you are searching for particle tracks using the Virtual Microscope, there will an area that shows your score which is based on how you do with the calibration movies. You won't know when you've viewed a calibration movie, but your score will be updated every 5 minutes (I think), so you will have some feedback in how your are doing.

We are working on having a page for every volunteer to see a list of the movies they have viewed, how they flagged them, and the current status of those movies.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
Choucas

Post by Choucas »

:lol: Ok, tip top, it’s just what I need.
So I stay in the starting blocks waiting and looking :shock: for the first movies.
DustDevil

Post by DustDevil »

bmendez wrote:Hi All,

We are working on having a page for every volunteer to see a list of the movies they have viewed, how they flagged them, and the current status of those movies.

-Bryan
This would be wonderful! I was really hoping for something like this.

And with the score updated every 5 minutes we can easily find out if we have just seen a calibration movie and how we have done.

So I just keep on waiting until we can get startet...
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi Again,

Correction to my previous post... Your score will be updated immediately after viewing a calibration movie. So if you watch your score you will know right away if you have just viewed a calibration movie or not. If the score changes then the last movie viewed was a calibration frame, if the score does not change then it was an unknown frame (i.e. a frame that we do not know if it contains a particle track or not).

It is the rankings that are updated every 5 minutes.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
Rojer

Post by Rojer »

I wonder to know, how many different calibration movies? If not more enough, we could have a memory of the movie When we scaning with VM.
Wish you can understand my English. :)