proof of "double-scoring" calibration movies

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

mantis!

proof of "double-scoring" calibration movies

Post by mantis! »

I mentioned this in another thread, but now I took screenshots of this happening, so I decided to start a new thread.

It appears that some calibration movies with tracks give me a "double score" when I click on the track. I get +1 correct AND +1 incorrect at the same time. This has happened with probably 6 out of the 11 marked wrong.

The first screenshot is with the movie focused to the bottom, clearly showing the track. The second one is immediately after I clicked on the track.

Unfortunately, in these screenshots I couldn't show where I was pointing exactly, but let me assure you it was in the middle of the track. I am using the trackpad on my powerbook, so positioning the pointer and clicking are entirely separate.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.6 under OS X 10.4.7 on a 12" powerbook.

Can ANYONE tell me what is going on here?

Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

VERY interesting. Thanks for sharing that! I hope they can use it to identify what is going on.

-Shar
mantis!

Post by mantis! »

This has happened several more times since my original post. This is very discouraging. There are one or two I legitimately missed, but at least 4 more "double scores". I am going to switch over to Safari and see if the problem persists.
Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

It's a known bug, but your little tidbit may help them out.

Don't worry; I'm having the same problem. I'm actually starting to recognize the ones that score incorrectly, and that's really weird for me. I had one a few minutes ago (it's already in Brian's list) that I looked at and recognized its position within the frame. I took one look at it, said to myself, "One of the bad ones -- this one's gonna zap me." Sure enough, it did.

I can't wait to see my score when they fix the problem. I can't be all that far off of a perfect 500, because I know there have been several I clicked that scored me wrong.

-Shar
Calibration Movies Answered Correctly 511
Calibration Movies Answered Incorrectly 7
Your Overall Score: 504
Total Real Movies Viewed: 1115
Your Rank: 122 out of 7060
Specificity: 99%
Sensitivity: 98%
sriley

Post by sriley »

I'd like to see a list of the calibration movies I've incorrectly done, so I can review them, and see what I did wrong. I'm trying to be super careful and as accurate as I can, yet all of a sudden I see my incorrect score incremented, and I don't know if it was the last movie, or several movies ago and I just didn't notice it right away - I'd like to be able to review these and see what I missed.

Of course it is discouraging to be getting marked wrong when you really did it right. As a programmer myself - I can understand havng bugs though - hopefully they will get these fixed quickly.

But please consider letting us review the movies we incorrectly scored to see what we missed - it would help me a lot I think.
KarMann

Post by KarMann »

sriley wrote:Of course it is discouraging to be getting marked wrong when you really did it right. As a programmer myself - I can understand havng bugs though - hopefully they will get these fixed quickly.
OT: When I saw that one of their mottoes was "expect the unexpected", I was thinking, "so we can expect it to be completely bug-free then?" Too bad we don't seem to be getting anything quite that unexpected. :wink:
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Thanks for the extra info. We are aware of the problem and working to fix it. In order to keep the message board more tidy I am locking this thread and moving it to the appropriate forum (Problems and Support).

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH