I hope these new discoverys will........................

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

billykkutter

I hope these new discoverys will........................

Post by billykkutter »

Help the theory of Panspermia leap to new heights......

kutter out
I have lots of dust for all to examine.....the wind
blows here alot....

kutter

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

Huh? :?
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat

Aquila Hawk

Post by Aquila Hawk »

If I'm not mistaken, Panspermia is the theory that all life on Earth did not technically originate on Earth. That all life on Earth and all life that may exist elsewhere in the solar system originated in comets. Personally, I don't really buy into that or the one where life originated on Mars and was carried to Earth by ejected Martian rocks. However, the do find the theory that some organic compounds did come from comets credible.
Everyone talks about SOH CAH TOA, but no one ever talks about CHO SHA CAO.

billykkutter

Sorry friend....close but not peanut butter cookie

Post by billykkutter »

Far more complex now......the main premise is that life has always existed....

kutter out....always been around....
I have lots of dust for all to examine.....the wind
blows here alot....

kutter

Aquila Hawk

Post by Aquila Hawk »

Ok, I'm a geology major, so I'm aware of some of the more bizare theories about early life on Earth, including Ice Ball Earth (basically an ice age so intense that ice sheets completely covered the Earth something like 2.7 billion years ago). One of those theories being that the Earth has had it's crust completely liquified as many as six times since life arose on Earth. Each time, specially adapted microbes that would remain in stasis until they resurface. There are actually species of microbes from the Permian period that are in Permian age salt deposits. They aren't fossils, they are viable. Once released from the salt, they come back to life. 200+ million years old. Actually when I think of it that way, Panspermia doesn't sound so far fetched.
Everyone talks about SOH CAH TOA, but no one ever talks about CHO SHA CAO.

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

I don't buy it either. It must be from FAR out, because otherwise the local elements at the sun's formation were'nt heavy enough for complex molecules. Am I correct?
Wait, no, then again, how did the planets form? I can't put what I mean to say in words where they'll be understood.
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat

DustTrailFinder

Post by DustTrailFinder »

Siegfried wrote:Wait, no, then again, how did the planets form?
If I'm not mistaken, most of the atoms that went into creating this solar system came from older suns that spewed their matter into space in their death throes, novas and supernovas. Even some of the heaviest atoms were present when the solar system began forming, else we wouldn't have uranium or plutonium to mine here on earth or so much carbon and oxygen to support life.

joecor99

Post by joecor99 »

Carl Sagan said that the chance of man evolving was 1 in 10 to the 2,000,000,000th power. Fred Hoyle expressed it another way: The chances of man evolving are equivalent to those of a twister passing through a junk yard and assembling a 747. It wouldn't matter if it was here on Earth, or a trillion lightyears away, the laws of physics and of mathematics would remain the same.

Also, evolution requires that things go from being less complex to greater complexity, by random chance. This is contrary to the law of entropy, which requires that all things tend toward greater randomness, rather than greater order.

Just something to think about :idea:
And God said, Let there be light: And there was light.

Gen. 1:3

DustTrailFinder

joecor99 wrote:Carl Sagan said that the chance of man evolving was 1 in 10 to the 2,000,000,000th power. Fred Hoyle expressed it another way: The chances of man evolving are equivalent to those of a twister passing through a junk yard and assembling a 747. It wouldn't matter if it was here on Earth, or a trillion lightyears away, the laws of physics and of mathematics would remain the same.

Also, evolution requires that things go from being less complex to greater complexity, by random chance. This is contrary to the law of entropy, which requires that all things tend toward greater randomness, rather than greater order.

Just something to think about :idea:
While I don't want to get involved in a religious debate, I respectfully submit that man is here and that the scientific evidence is that we evolved from more primitive animals to more complex animals. Evolution does not require random choice only as much as it requires that the random choice better survive in the environment it lives in. Entropy would only guarantee that all living organisms unable to cope would lose, which is what happened, isn't it? Those random organisms that had improved abilities to cope survived. Why would you conclude your point on only one theory without integrating others? I conclude that you picked the only theory that would support your point of view, even though insufficient. Thus, you can see my signature which I did not choose because of your view, but knew well before I read your comments.

In effect it matters little what the chances were for man to come into being as he is now, because it is an actual result. If another result equally or even less predictable had happened, previous predictions toward that result would equally not matter. The result is the result, no matter what the prediction.

tareq

Post by tareq »

Entropy would only guarantee that all living organisms unable to cope would lose, which is what happened, isn't it? Those random organisms that had improved abilities to cope survived.
if that's true, how do you explain the extinction of dinasourses???
i think the life on earth more complex than that, and needs deeper thinking, any way i think the seed of life comes from outer space, and the spark of life was in the earth, my major is soil science, and i've taken many courses in soil microbiology, so based on it, it appears that the life on earth was found during the formation of earth, so the main basics of life comes from the sun when it formed the earth, so earth it self originated from outer space, in a result the seed of life comes from outer space.

DustTrailFinder

tareq wrote:if that's true, how do you explain the extinction of dinasourses???
Uh, er, uh, maybe they couldn't cope with their environment at that time, so they died? I have no idea why you asked this question. It seems self-explanatory to me.

I think it's entirely possible that elementary organic molecules came from beyond earth and accumulated both within it and on its surface. There is ample evidence that organic molecules exist on comets. It's also possible that some organic molecules were created on earth through natural processes on earth itself. At this moment in time no one can be absolutely certain how life began, nor can they be certain where it started. All we do know is that on earth, you and I do exist and that records exist that tend to show how we and other animals evolved over time from previous living organisms.

sb126k
DustMod

Post by sb126k »

Honestly, I don't really buy into the theory of evolution. I am christian and a creationist, but I still understand that there are many, many holes in that theory: Why are there dinosaur fossils? Why does carbon dating tell us the earth is billions of years old when the Bible tells us that the actual number is only in the thousands? With that I understand why people are skeptical, but I also belive that everything was created for a reason, and that everything serves a purpose. I think that one of the reasons other celestial bodies were created was to give sometyhing to study and then come to the understanding that our universe is far too complex to be the work of random chance. Ialso believe that the wonders of the universe were craeted to give us something to quest after and wonder about and study it, because one simple statement can sum up what brought us all the wonderful technological advances: Why/when/where does that happen? :?:
You rang?

tareq

Post by tareq »

actually and with all respect i dont agree with evoluation theory, which shows that man comes from monkey, there's alot of question marks about it, and alot of holes in that theory, and the science prove that, and also the religon prove that, am not gonna talk in a religous way but in a scientifical way. so the scientists discover that the evolution theory is no longer true, there's a missing link, there's somethin wrong, so we need another theory where the man is most respected and deserve to achieve this long distance of science and open mind.

DustTrailFinder

sb126k and tareq

All I know is that my dog wants to go outside now and chase and catch tennis balls. She's actually quite talented at it. She doesn't care how she was created or why, she only wants to do what she was bred by man to do. I really love this dog.

sb126k
DustMod

Post by sb126k »

DustTrailFinder wrote:sb126k and tareq

All I know is that my dog wants to go outside now and chase and catch tennis balls. She's actually quite talented at it. She doesn't care how she was created or why, she only wants to do what she was bred by man to do. I really love this dog.
Well said DustTrailFinder, I could only hope that man would feel the same way: not care care how or why, just know that we're here to live life.
You rang?