Accidental Reporting ~_~*

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Kitten

Accidental Reporting ~_~*

Post by Kitten »

Here's the story:
I was adding songs to a playlist in Winamp, which was in the forground of the screen. I had the virtual micro in the background window. Meaning to clcik the internet window to bring it forward I accidentally clicked in the area of the screen which contained the VM shot. It registered it as a possible trace. ~_~*

I wanted to delete it from the list of reports in my events page, but realized there was no option to do this. I think the idea of having a delete option there is important for such accidents as it will reduce the amount of work everyone needs to do.

What do others think of this option? Is it necessary, or are there other safegaurds for such reports (i.e. fewer than 1 person reports it as a trace and it isn't looked at)?

Thanks,
Kitten<3
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Kitten, whenever I flag a possible track, I always get a confirmation dialogue box that asks if I want to mark it that way.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
T.Adam

Post by T.Adam »

Unless you're using Mozzilla
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Hmmm, now I'm really confused...I have never seen this mysterious box...When I see a track I click it and it loads the next shot. this happens for both real and calibration movies. And I know it's recording my progress from my overall score and sensitivity, as well as recorded events. Now I'm worried >_<* Is there something wrong with my Stardust set up?? Help!
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Ahh...I'm using Mozilla...should I not use this browser? I really perfer it to Explorer...
T.Adam

Post by T.Adam »

Use it if you want, but you need to be careful.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

I will be much more careful! This mistake won't happen again ^_^
T.Adam

Post by T.Adam »

I hope so
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

:oops:
Azrieling

Post by Azrieling »

Don't worry about it. I've accidentally marked a track that I wished I could take back (I don't get the special box either but I use Firefox). All that will happen is that few, if any, others will mark it as well so in the end it will be thrown out. I know how you feel though...kind of silly... I wish no one could see my embarrassing and obvious no track.
Strange people don't bother me, I bother strange people....