How do I take the test and register?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

sb126k
DustMod

Post by sb126k »

How do I take the test and register? If I didn't pre-register, will I still be able to participate? If you know, please answer.
You rang?

alexander

Post by alexander »

sb126k wrote:How do I take the test and register? If I didn't pre-register, will I still be able to participate? If you know, please answer.
Of course you will be able to participate. Anyone may, once everything is up and running. However, at the moment registration and testing are unavailable, and it will remain that way until enough movies have been scanned. Once they have enough movies together for everyone, registration will be possible.
Pre-registering (which is not available at the moment, either) only means that you will get an email once the project starts (ie. when registration becomes available. It has no influence whatsoever on the actual registration.

Alexander

Verenique

Post by Verenique »

If I got it right, the actual project has not been set off yet. Am I right?
If so, is there any date to be expected? I am using gmail and I am worried I might miss your mail due to spam-filtering.

Also, another question: did the Russian speciments you provide as educational material include real interstellar particles?
Carbon number 7 inside my limbic's particular receptor, originated from a purple Supernova, generating illusions of explosions at a glance of your figure.

Galloth

Post by Galloth »

Verenique wrote:If I got it right, the actual project has not been set off yet. Am I right?
If so, is there any date to be expected? I am using gmail and I am worried I might miss your mail due to spam-filtering.

Also, another question: did the Russian speciments you provide as educational material include real interstellar particles?
Until I know, there is not any expectation, where project should start. They say it would be in the beginning of June.

Second: No, nobody ever seen interstelar dust.

joecor99

Post by joecor99 »

The latest info I've seen from Anna Butterworth is that the first movies should be released for us to view sometime in early June.
And God said, Let there be light: And there was light.

Gen. 1:3

dunbur

Post by dunbur »

Verenique wrote:Also, another question: did the Russian speciments you provide as educational material include real interstellar particles?
May be not interstellar, but definitely from Space. They have been collected at the Russian Space Station MIR from Space. They are interplanetary dust particles and micro meteorites.

Sharanya

Post by Sharanya »

i know this isnt exactly the place 2 ask, but when shud we take the tutorial??will we be able 2 participate only if we do so? :?:

Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

Sharanya wrote:i know this isnt exactly the place 2 ask, but when shud we take the tutorial??will we be able 2 participate only if we do so? :?:
Hello, Sharanya, and welcome!

You can take the tutorial whenever you wish. I'm not certain if it's REQUIRED, but it's certainly NECESSARY to take it if you wish to understand what exactly they are looking for.

It's actually a very interesting learning experience. You can go through it as many times as you wish.

Enjoy!

-Shar

annaz
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by annaz »

Sharanya wrote:i know this isnt exactly the place 2 ask, but when shud we take the tutorial??will we be able 2 participate only if we do so? :?:
Hi Sharanya,

You can take the tutorial anytime you want but it's best to look over it before Step 3: Test & Register to ensure that you will pass the test. Currently, Step 3 is not available yet for the public.

Anna Z.

annaz
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by annaz »

Verenique wrote:If I got it right, the actual project has not been set off yet. Am I right?

Hi Verenique,

The actual project is not ready yet but the announcement of when it's going to open to the public will be soon.

I *believe* there's an option in gmail that will allow you to add the Stardust@home emails as 'non-spam,' but I am not sure.

Anna

Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

within gmail spam is not directly deleted but it goes to your spam box. There it will sit for 30 days during which you can mark specific mails as no spam. Future mail from those addresses wil then go to your inbox.
Just dusting... Image