Vm Mistakes.

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Horus

Vm Mistakes.

Post by Horus »

Hi all, great to see lots of people interested in the Stardust project, I don't know if this makes me a geek but heck it's fun.

What I wanted to ask is whist looking through the slides and you make a mistake, with one of the 'Calibration Movies', would it not be better if the vm program showed you the Movie again pointed out the mistake and allowed you to look again. This would aid in the seeing of smaller impacts and help become more sensitive to them.

Thanks and good luck all, watch out for the space monkeys.
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

You can always go back via the go back button from your browser and restudy the calibration movie.

Have a closer look and you might find it.

However i have to add that i did restudy a view without finding a track.

So i made an apointment with my ophtomologist... ;)
Just dusting... Image
Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

I noticed that the virtual microscope page works much better with with Internet Explorer than FireFox, so much that it prevents errors if you use IE instead.

So it's strongly recommended to use I-explorer, just to this page.

Also I-e loads the movies up to 3 times faster, also "Images loaded for next movie" works only with I-e...

Also it helps a lot if you have a lower screen resolution like 1024 x 768 and not like I have normally 1280x1024 or you will not see the very small ones at all... :roll:

But I must say I have a very hard time finding the very small ones and still I have a perfect 0 - 0 sight according to my latest test ...
KarMann

Post by KarMann »

Crystallize wrote:Also I-e loads the movies up to 3 times faster, also "Images loaded for next movie" works only with I-e...
Beg to differ on the second point. I dont' know about the first, but "Images loaded for next movie" works fine for me in Firefox (except for the fairly rare JavaScript error, when it can't find a couple of frames).
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma
Crystallize

Post by Crystallize »

KarMann wrote:
Crystallize wrote:Also I-e loads the movies up to 3 times faster, also "Images loaded for next movie" works only with I-e...
Beg to differ on the second point. I dont' know about the first, but "Images loaded for next movie" works fine for me in Firefox (except for the fairly rare JavaScript error, when it can't find a couple of frames).
Well, it does load the next movie, but when you go to the next movie it start to load it again, from the begining... and it takes up to 20sec for it to load.

Also I noticed that it loads the present movie and the next movie at the same time, it can load up to 70% of the present movie, then load the whole next movie and then again go back to loading the rest of the present movie, it's very time consuming. Specially as it loads the present movie from the beginning on the next page too :roll:

The JavaScript error occurs in I-e also...
Mnementh

Post by Mnementh »

Erm images load quickly in Opera and the next image loading works too...

Working fine here :)
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

firefox loads the next movie fine for me... never reloads it. maybe you have an older version?
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
CrazyCelt

Bug!

Post by CrazyCelt »

Ohmigoodness! Crystallize! What a great picture! Space Alien if I ever saw one. I think we need to remember these for The Book one of us will write someday!
bluenova

Post by bluenova »

Wolter wrote:You can always go back via the go back button from your browser and restudy the calibration movie.

Have a closer look and you might find it.

However i have to add that i did restudy a view without finding a track.

So i made an apointment with my ophtomologist... ;)
This JUST happened to me! :x I SWEAR there is NO track, but now I'm up to 3 wrong (maybe it's not too bad out of 750...but still).
I guess there's no recourse here, huh? Score doen't really matter if you've found a track right?

Oh well. I'll keep searching.
Blue Nova
Crystal Keele
Orlando, FL