Call me a gold-digger, but about certificates ...

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

BenTrem

Call me a gold-digger, but about certificates ...

Post by BenTrem »

I just peeked my certificates. I see 3 in the list:

* Successfully completing the training tutorial and test
* Scanning through 100 focus movies
* Achieving a ranking in the top 100

Wasn't expecting top 100, but I've been over 100 all day ... over 300 now, but I've got only Training in my account.

I'm guessing it's just lag. Yes?
When you look to see how the system works
Likely you will find that it does not.

Lomic

Post by Lomic »

I still just have training and I was in the top 25 last night.

Blarrrg

Post by Blarrrg »

Q 8. Where’s my certificate?
For the training certificate, go to My Events or Community --> Certificates after logging in

The other certificates are not yet released due to two reasons:
1. We are developing the certificate systems, which is being delay at this moment.
2. For the integrity of the certificates – for example, the first 100 users signed up will be ranked in the top 100 even though their scores might be 0.

BenTrem

Post by BenTrem »

1. We are developing the certificate systems, which is being delay at this moment.
Typo. Should be "delayed".
;-)
2. For the integrity of the certificates – for example, the first 100 users signed up will be ranked in the top 100 even though their scores might be 0.
This no longer obtains. But since it's came up: some folk registered long before Aug1 ... that's an insurmountable head-start but I don't think folk are going to complain too much.
When you look to see how the system works
Likely you will find that it does not.

Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Hi BenTrem!

The first 100 registered are the ones that registered after testing, not on the forum. Those are totally seperate!

Some of us have been putzing on this forum since it opened. We did not get a chance to peek at the movies until the project went live. Like everyone else, we had to sit and wait. Unlike everyone else, we posted on here, learned a little (perhaps we had nothing else better to do?!?), and had a little fun. We asked some of the questions that are being asked now and offered suggestions we thought would help.

Believe me, if we'd had the chance to play with this in advance, with actual Stardust gel, we would have gotten some of these problems addressed in advance! Best the Stardust team could do was use other gel from other places and have beta testers. The best advantage they got was that they were familiar with the set up. But as easy as it is to work with, and a tutorial to use, I don't think it was much of an advantage.

I hope this puts your mind at ease. Happy dusting! :)
From dust we come

Dragonwalker

certificates

Post by Dragonwalker »

I signed up on the 1st, and was 37th for a while on the second or third day. I have also viewed 656 real movies (not including all the bad focused ones that I have pointed out) but I only have the test and registered certificate available.
Life is precious in all its forms. For what small beast seems insignificant to us when we compare our size to the universe?