javascript errors

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

FredG

javascript errors

Post by FredG »

After viewing several movies today, I began to get javascript errors in dialog boxes notifying me that certain frames could not be loaded. I could not focus well on the remaining images I did get (I presume due to the missing frames), and simply clicked "Bad Focus". Are others encountering this problem? Is there a preferable course of action to indicating Bad Focus in the future? (I don't want to indicate "No Track" on a movie that I can't thoroughly review.)

Thanks,
Fred
Zsinj

Post by Zsinj »

I have been going through movies all day and have only been experiencing these same errors later in the day, mostly during peak hours. This is most likely a result of high traffic on the servers. Since the images can be preloaded, this is why you may see the same amount errors in back-to-back movies.
Join us on the Unofficial IRC channel!
irc://irc.freenode.net/stardust@home
lucia

Post by lucia »

Hello,
I got the same problem many times, but I think it's not very serious for searching, sometimes I click the refresh button, it worked but not all the time. I think maybe it's the problem of our own computers, not the stardust systerm.
Any solution?

Cheers,
lucia
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

I think you're both right. If there is a problem getting the image (traffic, computer related, whatever) you get the error. I have also been able to fix this problem by pressing browser reload- it's worked every time for me.
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

on the technical side of this issue, javascript errors for loading images always come in 3s... mebbe it'll help somebody figure out what's going on.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Blarrrg

Post by Blarrrg »

mwhiz wrote:on the technical side of this issue, javascript errors for loading images always come in 3s... mebbe it'll help somebody figure out what's going on.
They always come in 2s for me.
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

ah well...no luck for the techies then :wink:
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky