Are "My Events" tracks I've discovered first?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

nexguy

Are "My Events" tracks I've discovered first?

Post by nexguy »

Or are they tracks I've either discovered first or agreed with?

Thanks!

Chris
RedXevious

Re: Are "My Events" tracks I've discovered first?

Post by RedXevious »

nexguy wrote:Or are they tracks I've either discovered first or agreed with?

Thanks!

Chris
Check your My Events page. If the agreements for that particular track say "1", then you're the first to discover it. However, if it's more than 1, then someone else got to it before you. :(
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

In My Events it lists the movie number, total, and # of agreements (#oa). It says that the #oa includes your own. So if that number is a one and the viewings is one, it stands to reason that you are the first to see what could be a track, and you flagged it. If on the other hand, #oa is one and viewings is 12... you are either very good ;-) or very bad ;-) ;-)
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
nexguy

Post by nexguy »

Ahh, I thought that Number of Agreements changed as people viewed the same movie and agreed.

So for example I have a movie that says:
Total viewings 8
Number of Agreements 1

Does this mean that it has been viewed 8 times and I am the only one to thinks it is a track? I see the total number of viewings increase over time, why wouldn't I see the number of agreements change also?

Chris
Last edited by nexguy on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnPenny

Post by JohnPenny »

Both of mine are tiny and in odd locations. Im not even sure they are tracks but i would rather have a crappy score than risk not marking a possible track.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

nexguy,

That would mean that other people are seeing your movie (I suspect ones that get flagged get sent back to be checked by more people sooner) and are not agreeing that there is a track there.

Like I said, if you get a TV=12 and #oa=1... you get to feel lonely ;-) for seeing something others didn't. For good or bad? We find out later. But I agree with others, score be damned, better to flag ones you think might be something.

Mind you, with 1.6 million sets of images and the possibility of 40 particles, you're looking at 1 in 40 000 odds for any movie you watch. So don't be surprised if you're not seeing many.
uberwilhelm

Post by uberwilhelm »

Wait, is that confirmed that we are looking for only 40 possible particles? Wow.
nexguy

Post by nexguy »

My question has nothing to do with score. I am just wondering why TV can increase while NoA cannot. Doesn't seem logical except it lets me know if I was the first to flag it.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

TV=1 #oa=1
Means you were first to look at it, and you flagged it as having a particle.

TV=10 #oa=1
Means nine more people have seen it, and none agreed there was a particle.

TV=12 #oa=2
Means two more people viewed it, and one of the two flagged it.

Make more sense that way?
nexguy

Post by nexguy »

That is exactly what I thought. But others seems to say that the NoA doesn't change.

What your saying Orion is that NoA may not be 1, yet you could have been the first person to spot it. That doesn't agree with what others have said.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

I was just trying to show you how TV could go up but not #oa. I have an event that says TV=5 and #oa=2. I take that to mean that five people have viewed it and two people (me included) flagged it as having a particle. I also have one that has TV=11 and #oa=1, which means I'm all alone in 11 people that feels that one had a particle track.
Protostar

Post by Protostar »

I agree Orion. . . with that, after every viewing do you have to review your account to see if the movie reflects 1 OA to ensure you were the first to spot something?
Wishes, lies, and dreams all spring from the same well. Knowing when to drink requires only a little common sense.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Yes. If you flag a possible track, just check your MyEvent section right away and you'll see whether #oa=1, meaning you were the furst to ID.
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

uberwilhelm wrote:Wait, is that confirmed that we are looking for only 40 possible particles? Wow.
Hi Uberwilhelm!

See the infomation here
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/about.php
It is the estimated amount. No one has viewed these movies before, so they didn't know what to expect.

Good luck dusting!
From dust we come
YOMAR_II

about the list of data viewed

Post by YOMAR_II »

THE LIST OF DATA VIEWED, ARE THEY THE TRACKS THAT I IDENTIFIED FIRST?..

thanks