Suggestion : replacing the "Bad focus" button

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Youpi

Suggestion : replacing the "Bad focus" button

Post by Youpi »

First of all, I'd like to ask everybody to apologize my poor english, wich is not my native language.

I think that the "Bad focus" button is not fully appropriate.
In fact, after about 200 movies viewed, I've often seen ones for which I couldn't tell wether or not there is a track, for many reasons :
  • bad focus, but also
  • 2 films in one (top focus and low focus imags aren't the same)
  • movies where the surface is "too low" (the surface is clear about 2 or 3 images from the bottom of the scolling tool, making impossible to see clearly tracks)
  • real movies, i.e. when you scroll, the focus don't change, but the images moves
  • etc.
I suggest replacing the button "Bad focus" by such as a "report an error", maby coupled with a choice list whith known errors and an "other : please precis" form.

Have I been clear ? :oops:
yakmin1967

Post by yakmin1967 »

You make a good point, it's feels wrong to click 'bad focus' when there's a problem with the movie, such as two movies being mixed, yet you feel it's the best way to report it.
ToSeek

Post by ToSeek »

"Bad movie - no biscuit!"
If you're going to be just like everyone else, what's the point in existing?
bartsob5

Post by bartsob5 »

but i think that if some one clicks "bad focus" button, it is indication for administrators of the project that something wrong is with this movie.. because... what if someone would click "2 films in 1" by mistake??? it would say nothing to admins!
Youpi

Post by Youpi »

... exactly the same as clicking "bad focus" by mistake, don't you think so ? :roll:

Not a good argument, IMHO.
icebike

Post by icebike »

yakmin1967 wrote:You make a good point, it's feels wrong to click 'bad focus' when there's a problem with the movie, such as two movies being mixed, yet you feel it's the best way to report it.
Well it is a little misleading, but the point of Bad Focus movies is so they can go back and re-photograph these areas if needed. (Such as if they don't find enough particles or something).

Anything that is out of focus, split movie, focused too shallow, etc. are places where there might be more stuff hiding.

Its probably not necessary for us to categorize every possible flaw, because it will become immediately obvious to them when (and if) they decide to re-shoot these areas.

They could just as well have called it Bad Movie, but Bad Focus was thought to be the most common problem, (and I agree, it is).

So, just like you, I click bad focus even on split movies.