A little annoyed

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

jamesjt

A little annoyed

Post by jamesjt »

I watched a movie where I saw a weird defomation under the surface of the aerogel. It didn't look like a track but I clicked on it anyway because I remembered something the tutorial said "If you see such a track, or anything that you find unusual, do click on it. You might have found something completely unexpected!"

Well, it turns out that was a calibration movie and I got it wrong. I'm a little annoyed that my perfect score was destroyed because I saw something odd in the movie, and thought maybe it should be brought to attention.

Just venting...
LeeRyder

Post by LeeRyder »

agreed.. considering that in a post made by an admin here about 1-2 hours ago telling us to click on any anamolies for further review... it's kinda of frustrating to be worried about losing status for doing so if they happen to be calibration instead of real.... hence my desire for a more info or similar button.
Lomic

Post by Lomic »

I'm sure people will want to have high scores as with any online project - but I'd say keep clicking when you see something strange, a certificate will look better than a high score ;)
jamesjt

Post by jamesjt »

I don't care that much anyway. Since then I've gotten another calibration movie wrong so my perfect score was doomed anyway.

Trust me, if I see anthing odd again, I will still click on it. My score is not as important.