Pre Registered Assurance??

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Anyoone will be able to register. I think the pre-registeration was to allow people to get an e-mail when it happens (SOON!). That way people who knew about it earlier will be remimded and won't miss the chance.
Good luck!
From dust we come

DustBuster
DustMod

Re: Pre-registration

Post by DustBuster »

MrFizziks wrote:I was wondering. I am a high school science teacher and am pre-registered. I know that pre-registration is closed, but it appears that that was just a "pretend" registration anyway, and we will all be invited back to register for real when the project is up.
My question is, going into a new school year, will people who did not pre-register be able to register now. (since the pre-registration was more of an interest poll) This would be something I would like to offer students in my Earth/Space Science classes the opportunity to do.

Thanks
Andy Jones
Tecumseh High School
Hi Mr. Fizziks!

It has been a little confusing. There was a pre-registration period that allowed you to sign-up so you would be notified by email when the time came for testing. At that time you will be required to pass the testing procedure prior to registration. Then you will be able to login and use the Virtual Microscope to scan the focus movies for star dust particles.
That time is rapidly (ha ha ha- not fast enough for anyone?) approaching. My revised guess is July 3. Keep your eyes on the UPDATES section on the Sticky entitled "Picture perfect: aerogel scanning progress" - We were told that when 12 tiles were completed (GREEN: Focus Movies Ready) they would begin to allow users to test, register, login and begin scanning the focus movies.

A shout out to all of our Canadian users and fellow Rush fans Saturday July 1- Happy Canada Day! -and Happy Birthday Toe-Knee!
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!

GelDelve

Post by GelDelve »

No comment
Last edited by GelDelve on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

MrFizziks wrote:I was wondering. I am a high school science teacher and am pre-registered. I know that pre-registration is closed, but it appears that that was just a "pretend" registration anyway, and we will all be invited back to register for real when the project is up.
My question is, going into a new school year, will people who did not pre-register be able to register now. (since the pre-registration was more of an interest poll) This would be something I would like to offer students in my Earth/Space Science classes the opportunity to do.

Thanks
Andy Jones
Tecumseh High School
Hi Andy,

The answer is yes. Anyone who comes to the website and successfully passes the test will be able to register. "Pre-registration" was only to collect email addresses of potential volunteers.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH