"I think I've found a track, what do you think?" A

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

icestation

Post by icestation »

absolutely nothing for me too
josemiguel

Post by josemiguel »

bmaltais

Post by bmaltais »

It is really hard to see. Almost 2 pixels by 2 pixels square but it remains for a few focus depth. It does not grow out of focus like other dust /objects.
the moon

Post by the moon »

Can someone point me to where they talk about inclusions? I'd love to be able to stop flagging all these, it must be slowing them way down.
tiggertim

Post by tiggertim »

Hi,

Judging from the lastest calerbration movies, its worth marking these and then moving on. The team will look at these as and when they get the time.
I have also spotted a couple of these, its intersting that only a few people have though them to be worth noting, or more likely, most failed to take care in looking carefully enough to note these spots.

Cheers.

Tim.
There is more to life that just the world we live on
Betelgeuze

Post by Betelgeuze »

Yeah, thats the good stuff :D , nice find!
MarshallWiseman

Please validate this one

Post by MarshallWiseman »

I definitly see the center one and it does go away pointing to an "inclusion".

The other three are very faint, but there.

Also on the bottlom frame I noticed somthing starting to come up, just to the right of center? Should we be looking deeper? Most likely its not from above as you would expect.
dd

Post by dd »

cthiker wrote: Seriously, tho, good luck. I concede that tagging this for further review is better than not (which is what I think "icebike" was trying to allude to).
Yeps, seeing the posts on this forum many things have been tagged for less than that. Anyway it's better to tag a too much than the contrary given the haistack problem that we have here... :-)
MarshallWiseman

This looks like a hit

Post by MarshallWiseman »

SDsearcher I think that’s worth marking.
Snoopy, looked at 42381 and 41640 (two hits at least in that) so its the same thing.

If this is real, than that changes the whole discussion of how deep we should be looking! We should start rejecting any surface that is not in focus well above the mid point of the movie. What are we really missing???
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

the moon wrote:Can someone point me to where they talk about inclusions? I'd love to be able to stop flagging all these, it must be slowing them way down.

Hi moon.

To find all topics now covering inclusions, click the 'search' link at the top of the page and type in your query. It will list them all for you (since they are not all in one place) rather than place 6 or 7 links here.

Good hunting!
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
Lulle

Post by Lulle »

Woow that's so much smaller than the tracks we can find in the test and calibration movies ! :shock:
Not quite what I was looking for :?
cello

Post by cello »

i would mark such "tracks"
Lulle

Post by Lulle »

What about this movie :

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=32722

With lowest focus you can clearly see black particles on the left which were not visible at all at the surface. They don't really look like tracks but they are so low. Strange...
Ulrich Rieth

Post by Ulrich Rieth »

Lulle wrote:What about this movie :

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=32722

With lowest focus you can clearly see black particles on the left which were not visible at all at the surface. They don't really look like tracks but they are so low. Strange...
I would say, you are still out of focus in the "deep valley" where the black particles show up at the end of the focus movie.
Just mark "no track".
Lulle

Post by Lulle »

What about this one :

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=41725

I was going to press the bad focus button because the surface is not visible here, but when you go down 2 traces come to focus in the center.