Track movie never showed up. 4241030V1

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Mighty Pete

Track movie never showed up. 4241030V1

Post by Mighty Pete »

I marked a possible track on this movie:

4241030V1

There is two grey ovals that show up about 4 o'clock position on the right side. They appear to be under the surface to me.

Anyway I clicked on the bigger one and then checked My Events to see if anyone else had marked them but they are not in the list... It did advance to the next movie. I can't vote on it now even though I did. Chad ?

It never stuck.. I even did a Shift reload on the My Events page and it still failed to show it on the bottom of the list..

I see my tardy list incremented by one.. Surly this movie isn't a calibration movie?
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

If you enter this movie in your myevents viewer you get a completely empty movie. Either no track or bad focus depending on my mood at the moment (is there a surface there..??)

So if the number is correct and you saw another movie it was a calibration movie.
Just dusting... Image
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

I'm not dreaming man that was the number. I didn't type out the number I cut and pasted it from the bottom of the screen

Movie ID:

Now I try to load it and a different movie shows up..

The movie that loads is not the movie I was talking about.

This is the movie I was talking about:

http://tinyurl.com/qlz9y

Anyway every one is going to go that is not a track... But if you look when the spot on the left comes in to focus (the surface of the glass) to me it looks that those two spots on the right are still slightly further down in the glass.

Don't blame me. Apparently I never voted for them anyway.
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

OK, you have the correct number. However calibration movies are shown with a number which are also used for real movies. But only real movies can be shown via the myevents viewer.
If you enter a calibration movie number in the myevents viewer, you will see an different but real movie with that number.

Since this is happening here, the movie you clicked on must be a calibration movie. And thus it does not appear in your myevents list.
Just dusting... Image
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Ya but did you look at the movie link I posted?

The tiny URL link?

Can you see it? That movie. Surly that is not a calibration movie.
Tom_Gutman

Post by Tom_Gutman »

Mighty Pete wrote:I'm not dreaming man that was the number. I didn't type out the number I cut and pasted it from the bottom of the screen

Movie ID:

Now I try to load it and a different movie shows up..

The movie that loads is not the movie I was talking about.

This is the movie I was talking about:

http://tinyurl.com/qlz9y

Anyway every one is going to go that is not a track... But if you look when the spot on the left comes in to focus (the surface of the glass) to me it looks that those two spots on the right are still slightly further down in the glass.

Don't blame me. Apparently I never voted for them anyway.
That's a calibration movie all right. And I see nothing that looks to be significantly below the surface. I make that qualification because it is never completely clear where the surface is. Here it looks like there is a slight slope to the surface, with the right hand side being a bit lower than the left hand side. There may be other irregularities as well.
Tom Gutman