Can I change/remove an answer?

Frequently Asked Questions

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Can I change/remove an answer?

Post by bmendez »

Q: I mistakenly clicked on a movie, can I change/remove my answer?

A: No. Because we first investigate movies with multiple "hits", random errors such as this will not adversely affect our results.
Martin Whillock

Re: Can I change/remove an answer?

Post by Martin Whillock »

bmendez wrote:Q: I mistakenly clicked on a movie, can I change/remove my answer?

A: No. Because we first investigate movies with multiple "hits", random errors such as this will not adversely affect our results.
I THINK YOU CAN ! You can return to the last movie while the next one uploads by clicking Back. I found 4 unusual things in one movie, so went back to it 5 times - I also hit Bad Focus on this one, just in case. Stardust Boss - Have I got this right ?
I am a member of York Astronomical Society in England. Visit us at www.yorkastro.co.uk
fjgiie
DustMod

Can I change an answer?

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Martin,

Yes, the back button will take you to the previous movie. When you then try to score this same movie for the second time you should receive this message:
You have reached this page via an unusual route, possibly by pressing the back button on your brouser. So your answer to this movie won't be counted.
If this answer is not sufficient, repost next week, and thank you for your observation.

fjgiie

ps. You can find more discussion on this subject below in the Stardust@home Problems and Support forum.
f
Martin Whillock

Re: Can I change an answer?

Post by Martin Whillock »

fjgiie wrote:Hi Martin,

Yes, the back button will take you to the previous movie. When you then try to score this same movie for the second time you should receive this message:
You have reached this page via an unusual route, possibly by pressing the back button on your brouser. So your answer to this movie won't be counted.
If this answer is not sufficient, repost next week, and thank you for your observation.

fjgiie

ps. You can find more discussion on this subject below in the Stardust@home Problems and Support forum.
f
Thanks fjgiiee. ( What sort of name is that ?!) Interestingly I did not see the message " You have reached this page via an unusual route,........" My 5 responses to the one film seemed to go off normally.
I am a member of York Astronomical Society in England. Visit us at www.yorkastro.co.uk