Which Web Browser to use

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

baby_alien

Which Web Browser to use

Post by baby_alien »

What is the best web browser to use? I am using IE 7 BETA 3 but the majority of the movies give me that error;

You have reached this page via an unusual route, possibly by pressing the "back" button on your browser. So your answer on this movie won't be counted.

Also with IE 7 when I get a known track on a calibration movie and click o.k it does not register my find.. This is just an intermitent problem though, but still a pain as it is affecting my score!

I have tried deleting all my cookies, browser history, etc but it makes no difference..

Also I know Firefox is out of the question and I have tried Opera but that appears to have the same problems as Firefox..

What web browser is everyone else using?
jcbc

Post by jcbc »

I haven't had a problem with Firefox; I'm using 1.0.7.
goldrake

Re: Web Browser

Post by goldrake »

baby_alien wrote: Also I know Firefox is out of the question and I have tried Opera but that appears to have the same problems as Firefox..

What web browser is everyone else using?
What problems have Firefox?
I use Firefox! :shock: :roll:
baby_alien

Post by baby_alien »

When you find a known track using Firefox and click there, Firefox just skips to the next movie..

Well it was for me last night and there is a known issue on the FAQ here.. Unless they have just resolved the problem in the last 24 hours..
jcbc

Post by jcbc »

baby_alien wrote:When you find a known track using Firefox and click there, Firefox just skips to the next movie..
Other than not getting the pop-up window asking if you really meant to click (which to me sounds annoying), Firefox works for me; it records my clicks on real movies and calibration movies.
baby_alien

Post by baby_alien »

O.K.. I didn't realise it still counted your find.. I will get Firefox re-installed and give it another try..

Thanks for the help :D
goldrake

Post by goldrake »

jcbc wrote:
baby_alien wrote:When you find a known track using Firefox and click there, Firefox just skips to the next movie..
Other than not getting the pop-up window asking if you really meant to click (which to me sounds annoying), Firefox works for me; it records my clicks on real movies and calibration movies.
If the only problem is that Firefox don't ask me if I really meant to click, then Firefox work good for me because I think that these question is as often as not a waste of time.
baby_alien

Post by baby_alien »

Yeah, Firefox is working fine, I had just better make sure I have found a possible track before clicking it..
icebike

Re: Web Browser

Post by icebike »

baby_alien wrote:What is the best web browser to use? I am using IE 7 BETA 3 but the majority of the movies give me that error;
Well, you've answered the question of what NOT to use....

I have successfully tested with

Mozilla Suite Windows and Linux
Firefox windows and linux
Konqueror Linux
Seamonkey (mozilla clone) linux
Opera windows and Linux
Netscape6 Windows and Linux
Galeon Linux
Epiphany Linux
MSIE 6 Windows

Everyone reporting problems has been using some flavor of MSIE and/or AOL.
j.lokken

firefox

Post by j.lokken »

firefox 1.5.05 downloads movies 5 times faster than ie6 on my computer. and very few errors.