Answers to Qs about: VM, Movies, Scores… UPDATED 6:56pm

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

annaz
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Answers to Qs about: VM, Movies, Scores… UPDATED 6:56pm

Post by annaz »

Q 1. What do I do with this strange/interesting/weird movie?
Click it. We will review movies with high clicks. At this point, we are overwhelmed and cannot review individual movies.

Q 2. Movie ID ______ has other movie images in it! (Movie split/mixed) What do I do?
This is a result of how we compress the movies. If you are able to see whether or not there’s a track, then click the appropriately. If the splits prevent you from seeing if there’s a track or not, then click bad focus.

Q 3. How do I know if I’m the first to find a (potentially) real track?
Go to My Events pg, look to see if the movie is there. If it is and the Number of Agreements is 1, then you are the first one to click on the track.

Q 4. Can I change/remove an answer?
No, we do not have this feature.

Q 5. Can I review calibration movies?
Right now, no.

Q 6. I think I found a track! When will I know if it is a real track?
It will be some time.

Q 7. Why is my scoring this _______ even though I have done ________?
We have located the problem and it should now be fixed. Your rank and score should not change but the number of incorrect will (it was printing out a different number than what was intended).

Q 8. Where’s my certificate?
For the training certificate, go to My Events or Community --> Certificates after logging in

The other certificates are not yet released due to two reasons:
1. We are developing the certificate systems, which is being delay at this moment.
2. For the integrity of the certificates – for example, the first 100 users signed up will be ranked in the top 100 even though their scores might be 0.

I will update this if/when new questions, developments, information comes in.

Updated: 6:56pm PDT Aug. 3, 2006 Added Q. 8
Updated: 5:36pm PDT Aug. 3, 2006 Updated Q. 7
Last edited by annaz on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zsinj

Re: Answers to Questions about: VM, Movies, Scores…

Post by Zsinj »

annaz wrote:Why is my scoring this _______ even though I have done ________?
The problem has been fixed and you should not be experiencing any more problems with this.
Thanks for the update! Have errors caused by this been corrected, or will these irregularities end up being permanent momentos for those that worked on the project in the first three days?
Join us on the Unofficial IRC channel!
irc://irc.freenode.net/stardust@home
annaz
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by annaz »

Zsinj wrote:
annaz wrote:Why is my scoring this _______ even though I have done ________?
The problem has been fixed and you should not be experiencing any more problems with this.
Thanks for the update! Have errors caused by this been corrected, or will these irregularities end up being permanent momentos for those that worked on the project in the first three days?
We know what caused it but it might take a while for it to take show through on the VM.
annaz
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by annaz »

Zsinj wrote: Thanks for the update! Have errors caused by this been corrected, or will these irregularities end up being permanent momentos for those that worked on the project in the first three days?
The errors should be corrected. This particular irregularity is due to a small glitch and should not happen in the future.
Henri Valta

Post by Henri Valta »

Q 7. Why is my scoring this _______ even though I have done ________?
We have located the problem and it should now be fixed. Your rank and score should not change but the number of incorrect will (it was printing out a different number than what was intended).
With 3 calibration movies I'm sure I received false incorrect answer point.
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =2727#2727
These should be corrected now? I still have 4 as the incorrectly answered score, it should be 1.

Calibration Movies Answered Correctly 79
Calibration Movies Answered Incorrectly 4
Your Overall Score 75

There was already a mismatch on my overall score before this happened, overall score was 75, correctly answered was 79 and incorrectly answered was 1
DiamondGirl

Post by DiamondGirl »

I received 2 incorrect calibration scores on movies I don't believe were wrong. One had a very vivid track, but when clicked, it marked it as wrong. Is there a way to review/check this?
Dave Burbank

Post by Dave Burbank »

There is clearly a track in this callibration movie I did, movie id=10409B. When I clicked on it my number of incorrect answers went up by one, and my score went down. I was sure to click right on it and not off to the side. This is the second one today where this has happened (I didn't get the id of the first one). Could there still be a bug?
anatolytt

Post by anatolytt »

2Dave: there IS still a bug. Read the post in the FAQ section: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=473
Dust in the wind... All they are is dust in the wind...
Dave Burbank

Post by Dave Burbank »

Thanks for the link, I must have missed it.
civax

Movies focused just on the bottom of scale

Post by civax »

Hi, what to do with movies that are focused just on the bottom end of focus scale? When this occurs, it is imposible to see deeper under surface. Should I mark it as Bad Focus?
Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

Civax,

Yes, that is the proper action to take.

-Shar
greyhorse

Post by greyhorse »

I'm sorry if this has been asked somewhere else and answered. I have limited time to "work" on focus movies, so don't do a lot of forum reading. I just recently came across a focus movie that had a very small "inclusion-type" spot on one top corner down at the bottom of focus range (after everything else started to blur). I clicked on the spot, only to find that this was a calibration movie, and I was marked as having answered incorrectly (the first hit to my specificity in 850-ish "movies" viewed). So, my question is- has there been an announcement that we are not to mark these "inclusions"? Should I consider this calibration movie to be an official "don't mark anything that isn't bullethole shaped"? I believe that the calibration movies cannot be reviewed via their ID, but in case it is useful- it was movie ID 6536207VI. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this matter- in the mean time, I will not mark such "inclusions".
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Hi greyhorse.

I am not aware of any official word about not clicking anything. Nor am I aware of a callibration movie like you describe (that doesn't mean there isn't one though).
My best guess is that the movie did not contain a track as was described in the tutorial, so it would be clicked 'no track'.
You might want to post this in the "I answered a calibration movie right but was scored wrong.
" thread here http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=473.
That's your best bet at getting it looked at.

Hope that helps!
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
Mighty Pete

Is this a new problem ?

Post by Mighty Pete »

My cursor is changing from the hand to the text bar to other icons..

I just got a calibration movie. my cursor changed from the hand to the text bar to the resize icon. I click the mark, I get it wrong..

Kind of hard marking a single spot when the cursor is monster size..

Seems to happen when you go back and forth from my events.. Or at least that's when i noticed it. Not a new problem it's been happening for days.

If I click on some text on the VM it sometimes then goes back to the hand. This calibration movie I could not get it to change back to the hand don't matter what I did..

We are trying to thread a needle with a hockey gloves on... and our pencil is a spray can.

I'm using the latest Firefox browser.. v 1.5.0.6

I have it F11 full screen size

Ok figured it out and a cure. If you go back and forth from viewing movies and checking my events to see if you are the first to mark something eventually the cursor starts acting up

The cure: reload the VM page after you return from the My Events page using the back button.
Last edited by Mighty Pete on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcbc

Interesting features in calibration movies

Post by jcbc »

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I searched and couldn't find an appropriate topic already started (although I did see a number of scattered comments). Please let me know if there is a different place I should post this.

In calibration movie 2910489V1 (at least that's what it said when I clicked the back button), a white circle appears near the bottom of the focus (frame 38 or so) at coords (65,314). I thought it was an interesting feature (even though it's not a track) and so I clicked on it. I just thought I would point it out in case the team is concerned about having lower specificity percentages (caused by interesting features in calibration movies) affect how they rank the real movies.

JCBC