WARNING!! Doesn't work the counting of the score !!!!!

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

zioriga

WARNING!! Doesn't work the counting of the score !!!!!

Post by zioriga »

now it isn't working the score !!!
I click over a calibration movie, but the score doesn't change.
It seems stuck !!!!!
pier

counting score

Post by pier »

The counting score does not change. I have already lost 4 or 5 points.

It looks like the same inconvenient posted by zioriga.
BruceHull

Post by BruceHull »

The S@H system was very sluggish earlier today. You may haved clicked on the same CM several times not realizing that your movie had not been updated.
zioriga

Post by zioriga »

no, i clicked over many different calibration movies, but nothing happened !!!!
zioriga

Post by zioriga »

and every time on a different "movie", and alse the number of my events didn't change !!!!
zioriga

Post by zioriga »

and i think it should be better if the forum administrator says something about those troubles of the last two days !!!!!!
when it should be repaired and so on !!!!!!
fjgiie
DustMod

Not counting score

Post by fjgiie »

The Virtual Microscope seems to be working faster now and the score is working for me now. I had the same trouble with the clicked track not counting on the score. All morning here on east coast of US.

_______fjgiie
zioriga

Post by zioriga »

Now it seems working correctly !!!!! :)
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi All,

Over the past few days there has been some strange behavior from our server which has been causing the errors that you have seen. We're very sorry about the problems and we appreciate your bringing them to our attention.

Hopefully, we have seen the last of this particular problem.

Thanks again,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
cyclops2

Sensitivity scoring

Post by cyclops2 »

Hi - Happy New Year to All :D
I've not experienced any problems with "Answered Correctly" scores but I am having a problem with "Sensitivity" scores. As far as I was aware, the scores for both advanced together but at the moment, at least 3 "Sensitivity" scores per hour are not registered. In the Grand Scheme of things this is not important, we are here to detect dust tracks but if, after each correct answer the "Sensitivity" is supposed to advance then it is very irritating when it doesn't, as it quickly deducts points if you make a mistake. If it's not scoring properly then it takes quite sometime to make up the deficit. Maybe you'd be kind enough to clarify.
Thanks

Ranked as "Cyclops"
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Sensitivity scoring

Post by bmendez »

cyclops2 wrote:Hi - Happy New Year to All :D
I've not experienced any problems with "Answered Correctly" scores but I am having a problem with "Sensitivity" scores. As far as I was aware, the scores for both advanced together but at the moment, at least 3 "Sensitivity" scores per hour are not registered. In the Grand Scheme of things this is not important, we are here to detect dust tracks but if, after each correct answer the "Sensitivity" is supposed to advance then it is very irritating when it doesn't, as it quickly deducts points if you make a mistake. If it's not scoring properly then it takes quite sometime to make up the deficit. Maybe you'd be kind enough to clarify.
Thanks

Ranked as "Cyclops"
Hi Cyclops,

Once your score becomes large enough and if you remain fairly consistent in how you answer positive calibration movies you will see less and less change in your sensitivity score. Sensitivity is the percentage of of positive CMs that you score correctly. So it's quite possible for your score to change but for your sensitivity to remain fairly steady. Does this sound like what is happening in your case?

Thanks,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
cyclops2

Sensitivity scores

Post by cyclops2 »

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your swift response.

That would appear to be the answer, spot on! Not something to get hung up on but I just wondered.

Hope all is going well with you and your team. Thanks for the opportunity to take part in this venture. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be taking part in space exploration!

Best Wishes,
Graham

+++