Rank and score again

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

poohbahbah

Rank and score again

Post by poohbahbah »

I'd like to add a request for rank and score for the dusters that have possibly identified candidates in phase #1. Thanks, from getting darker, but not necessarily colder Alaska
fjgiie
DustMod

re: Rank and score again

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Poohbahbah,

First log in to the virtual microscope, then get the name you want from this list:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... esnews.php

Go to this list and try Control F. Type in the name and hit "next" until you find the name.
poohbahbah

Rank and Score for Phase #1

Post by poohbahbah »

Maybe I'm not decoding your reply correctly: I know how to find the names on the candidate list. What I would like is to know how those names ranked in their own singlular score and rank during phase #1. That would exclude the fact that they are listed as duster who possibly found candidates. I think this is relevant because it means that the ones that just rank up score and rank don't necessarily find candidates. I looked at the long, long list for phase one--found some; for example, IceDBear (duster who might have found a dust particle) was #4961; fjgire, #9; johneall, #0677 and so on---too much work to look them all up. I just thought you could use your data base, sort the info and give it to us. Thanks
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Rank and score again

Post by bmendez »

poohbahbah wrote:I'd like to add a request for rank and score for the dusters that have possibly identified candidates in phase #1. Thanks, from getting darker, but not necessarily colder Alaska
Hi Poohbahbah,

That's a good suggestion, and we are going to generate some statistics on the people who clicked on the candidates and their scores.

Since movies are served at random in the VM each time someone views a movie they have the same probability of seeing a real movie with a track in it as anyone else does, regardless of their score. But the more movies you view, the more chances you will have at finding something (plus your score is likely to be higher too, unless you are not very sensitive).

So, I'd expect that a good fraction of the candidiates were discovered by people not in the top 100. But, we'll find out for sure just what that fraction is.

Stay tuned...

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH