My events and phase II question 2

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

endust

My events and phase II question 2

Post by endust »

What will happen to our phase I events list? Will it be reset or stay the same and be added to?
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Hi Endust!

This quote is from Bryan "The scores, rankings and candidate lists from Phase 1 will be frozen, preserved, and displayed on the Website. We will give all the volunteers a fresh start and invite new volunteers to continue to join the search. For Phase 2, everyone will begin with a clean slate for score and ranking and an equal chance at discovering yet more candidate stardust tracks."

For the whole announcement, see here

I hope that answers it!
From dust we come
endust

Post by endust »

I read that, but it gave me the impression that they would be keeping global statistics and resetting individual account information. The list of candidates could be a list of all the movies to date that have been selected as possible, NOT the individual "My event " lists
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi Endust,

To clarify, the My Events Page will have a new subpage for Phase 1 My Events and then one for the new Phase 2 My Events. So your events will not disappear, they will only be kept on a seperate page.

Thanks,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
endust

Post by endust »

Bryan,
Thanks. Good to know that the info will be available
endust
endust

Post by endust »

Ok...where are the Phase I "My Events"?
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

Hi endust,

There is a link at the top of the My Events page for phase one My Events.

Follow this link for Your Phase One Events and Rankings.
endust

Post by endust »

Duh...please tell me that was added and not staring me in the face the whole time...Thanks
Howie

Hi All...

Post by Howie »

This quote is from Bryan "The scores, rankings and candidate lists from Phase 1 will be frozen, preserved, and displayed on the Website. We will give all the volunteers a fresh start and invite new volunteers to continue to join the search. For Phase 2, everyone will begin with a clean slate for score and ranking and an equal chance at discovering yet more candidate stardust tracks."

I cannot find where it says anything about the 1st track that is found as to, in phase 2, you find a track that someone found in phase 1???

I would take it you do not get it cause someone else was first?

Thanks in advance, I want to dust and not spend hours on the forum looking for what I may have missed or is long gone done the post pages.

Howie
fjgiie
DustMod

Re: Hi All...

Post by fjgiie »

Howie wrote:...I cannot find where it says anything about the 1st track that is found as to, in phase 2, you find a track that someone found in phase 1???

I would take it you do not get it cause someone else was first?...

Howie
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... 4187#14187
There are old Phase One movies at a higher resolution in Phase Two. If you click on a track in Phase Two that a duster had previously clicked in Phase One, the Phase One duster would be first to click. There are also some new movies in Phase Two that no duster has seen.

That's my understanding, and good to see you again, Howie.

fjgiie
endust

Post by endust »

I still have some phase 1 events that are labeled "indeterminate" even though there have been multiple agreements. Will the phase 1 list status continue to be updated? It should be.

Dust on