"I think I've found a track, what do you think?"

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Yes you are correct, I must have had too many windows open and got mixed up, I fixed that post up there. See I have two monitors one for viewing movies and one for doing everything else. I open the movies on a new window so i can move them back at forth across the monitors. It's can be confusing when you have several open stacked on top of one another.
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Mighty Pete wrote:Yes you are correct, I must have had too many windows open and got mixed up, I fixed that post up there. See I have two monitors one for viewing movies and one for doing everything else. I open the movies on a new window so i can move them back at forth across the monitors. It's can be confusing when you have several open stacked on top of one another.
Sounds like you could run Kennedy Space Center from there! Nice job with Atlantis... better late than never.
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

I've actually built the ultimate machine here. Did I forget to say fast? 4 gigs memory, 1 gig video memory, 600 gigs storage raid 0. Entire thing is gas cooled I get 124 FPS FarCry at 2048 X 1536 every option maxed, less than one blue bar booting Xp. Well ultimate for this year anyway.
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Mighty Pete wrote:I've actually built the ultimate machine here. Did I forget to say fast? 4 gigs memory, 1 gig video memory, 600 gigs storage raid 0. Entire thing is gas cooled I get 124 FPS FarCry at 2048 X 1536 every option maxed, less than one blue bar booting Xp. Well ultimate for this year anyway.
Then here's one for that "Dust-o-nator Mark VI"; "The Plethora".
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Odd bombardment of inclusions for sure. I think we will find it's sort of like opal. At the correct orientation you see something but in reality there is nothing there. Pure as in perfectly clear quartz crystals do the same thing.
Howie

HERE'S 2 FOR YOU !!!

Post by Howie »

THESE 2 MOVIES ARE THE CLOSEST TO THE CM'S IDEA OF TRAINING THAT TRACKS APPEAR AFTER ALL ELSE IS WAY OUT OF FOCUS OR THERE IS NO MORE FOCUS LEFT ON THE FOCUS BAR!!!

58 of 217 viewed 1st one and 32 of 189 2nd caught these???

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... d=612198V1
Look about 4 o'clock inch from center, bit low of right center...

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... d=992219V1
at least 2 tracks appear at the same time at end of focus bar,,,
Look up a little left of center and from there left and up about an inch for another at same time,,,10 o'clock...

Howie
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

This inclusion has a tail:

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6842109V1

Very hard to see, I wonder if more have that. 153 views, 9 votes. I guess 144 never seen the tail.
greuti

Post by greuti »

Mighty Pete wrote: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6842109V1

Very hard to see, I wonder if more have that. 153 views, 9 votes. I guess 144 never seen the tail.
Yea it shows a teeny track from ~8 to 2 o' clock and really hard to find so close to the surface and in that light. It's a low angle track.

@Howie, I can only see inclusions in both movies - without any track-like features between them and the surface.
wol

Post by wol »

MightyPete wrote:Looky yourself. See the large track? Why did you not vote for it if you got this movie?

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... d=948511V1
Um, I hesitate to post, as I may be completely off base, and please tell me if so, but I would probably have marked that movie as Bad Focus since there are a couple of areas where I can't seem to focus up high enough to find the surface.

And I definitely don't see a large track...could you be more specific as to where?

always willing to learn :-)
wol
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

If you can't see it don't worry about it. It's not on the surface it's in the glass. it is a bad focus movie but there is still a track clearly visible. If they fixed the focus you would not see it. The focus is too deep on this movie.
fjgiie
DustMod

Focus movie

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Mighty Pete and wol,

That was me moving these over here where we can talk about them.

I was going to suggest that movie 948511V1 was the perfect focus movie. :)
I think that the focus is perfect. The surface is right at top focus, and that gives plenty of room for going down deep into the Aerogel. (At least I can see the surface at top focus.)

Now, I do not see anything that looks like Tutorial #11 in this movie though.

Thanks,

fjgiie
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

Ok you right there is no small track there, There is a large track there. I don't understand why you guys keep missing this obvious track.. Ok load the movie 7 bars from the top a inclusion will show up right of center 4 o'clock position, at 14 bars from the top the track will line up with it. The track is white cause the focus is too deep.
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Are you referring to the NE/SW diagonal 'lane' that crosses the little speck and continues beyond? Hmmm... that's a toughie! But the rule holds true for me: If I had the 'scope, I'd take a closer look: to ckick; or not to click? That is the question!
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

NE/SW
Do I tip the monitor up on end for that? Top left toward the bottom right. Click first ask questions later. Do'h Calibration movie ! If you go down to about half the bars it is a solid white line. I never got it first but it's amazing how many missed it. Expect the unexpected. It says it right there every time you log in.
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

My bad... busy day! Yes, that one!
Agreed- closer look.