HOWIE HERE,,,FIXED MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Howie

HOWIE HERE,,,FIXED MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Howie »

Hi All,
especially the doubters of my posts and the work I have done!!!!

Here it is.......................................!!!

Got Rid of EARTHLINKS free firewall and virus protection!!!
Using microsofts Firewall!!! Free!!!
Using AVG free edition Virus Protection!!!

No more pop ups for anything!!!
Speed went up so fast I cannot keep up with the speed of the Stardust Movies and Internet in General!!!

This took care of popups and Speed of movies, not the Java Script !!!

Those of you having slow and hangup problems using Earthlink free virus and firewall, let me know it takes care of your problem if you get rid of it, cause it for sure fixed my problem!!! This will prove my theory!!!

It turns out, from my records and dates this happened to me over a month ago when Eartlhlink updated to new protection program!!!

Mods, please post in other places where people are having slow or hangs using the stardust movies, you can wait for anyones reply!

You may also get rid of the other post now!

Sincerely,
Howie
Howie

Second PC Now Fixed....................!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Howie »

Second PC now has speed again and is an older PC...

Can view movies again with speed!!!

Sincerely,
Howie
and by the way thanks DustBuster MOD for your support!

By the way I have talked to earthlink and they don't have a clue!!!

Sincerely,
Howie
Howie

PC # 3 Fixed

Post by Howie »

PC number 3 fixed and back to speed...

All 3 PC's no errors or popups viewing movies and internet much faster now!!!

Hope this helps users of Earthlink with movie viewing problems!

Others may have these problems with other virus and or firewall software, as I have learned they are just not keeping up with todays technologies!!!

You won't here from me again about this!!!

Best of luck to all!

Sincerely,
Howie
marymouse

Post by marymouse »

Howie,

I like your enthusiasm for the task, and your stick-to-itiveness (if that's a word).
scopdrvr

java error messages are gone!

Post by scopdrvr »

Tonight I got not one Java error message for movies loading without all the frames. Just got the usual white frame for the missing ones. Did Stardust change something? Because I don't have Earthlink like Howie, and I don't see any other mention of a solution being applied. It speeds things up considerably! Anyone else see a change?
Howie

You are Right!

Post by Howie »

Yes, I noticed it this morning!

It is Great :lol:

And Thank You MaryMouse :!:

Howie
Howie

NEW INFO...YES,,,AGAIN,,,YA ME, HOWIE

Post by Howie »

Ok, here we go again and some will say it does not belong here, but, the fact is that your PC in general may be really slowed down, including startup, and more important, viewing movies, so I figure it counts toward slow and so on with movies which are quite consuming memory and space on your PC!

As before I had earthlink and just changed to embarq and as before my PC's slowed down!

Just talked to a rep at embarq and said I have the answer to the problem!!! The new technology out there is going for the best service and he said,,,it is based on a NEW computer today!

So OLD ones, are the slowup! Make a long story short as I have said before!!! Get rid of your IP firewall and virus protection as a start from your internt provider!!!

I just went back to FREE microsofts firewall and back to FREE version of AVG which can handle older PC's!!! Just doubled the speed of my 1 yr. old PC and almost trippled my other 2 PC's!!!

The same thing can be happening with other IP services and you do not realize it!

Let me know if you do it and notice a gigantic change in your PC, if you try it!!!

Sincerely,
Howie
Howie

The latest INFO!!!

Post by Howie »

Hi There,

If you have read this post before you may have heard most of the problems that can slow down your PC and viewing the CM Movies!

I have learned a few more things as of late, that caused my well running PC to slow down viewing the Stardust Movies. Thought it was the Stardust Site. But Not!

Here are a few more tips for the semi experienced dusters!

Adding or deleting certain programs to your PC can slow it down.
Certain sites can cause a slowdown cause of the junk and such they produce.
If you are quite a Internet surfer, I can tell you this is fact!

Now as I have said before I make nothing on anything I use or tell you may help you, if you do not know how to keep your PC clean, even with some of the latest Internet providers and virus and firewall programs they provide with your subscription, and in previous posts I have mentioned the problem, especially older PC's, updating to new IP's or virus/firewalls.

I have used for about 5 years now, PC Pitstop Optimizer, a yearly fee, on a daily basis. It is a must for people who do not know how to do it themselves. For some reason yesterday the movies really slowed up and I used it and I was flying again through the movies and have no idea what was causing it, but cleaned the problem! It cleans many things! Microsoft and others need to add this to their systems, but then well, they are cornering the market.

Sincerely,
Howie
Howie

Just found another problem fixed!

Post by Howie »

Hi Again,

Just bought a new wireless mouse! I found it was giving me some problems. I am back in business real good.

I guess I wore it out with dusting ?

Cheers,
Howie