Why are some movies that low rated?!

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Orbinaut

Why are some movies that low rated?!

Post by Orbinaut »

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6077307V1

this one of the most beautyful tracks I found. But only 3 out of 364 marked it as a track!!! With this rating it will never be seen by the Stardust@home Team. I think this project looses all of his sense, if all the tracks vanished between the movies without tracks, because nobody marked them as interresting.

Would you have clicked on that movie? If not, why??

Orbinaut
fjgiie
DustMod

Please indicate where you believe the track is

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Orbinaut,

Before I give an opinion on this movie, would you indicate where you believe you see a nice track. Then I would like to say something.

Thanks,

fjgiie
Orbinaut

Post by Orbinaut »

The track is very close to the bottom, left to the middle. It is an Low AngleTrack, but imo you can even see the grain at the end of the track, touching the bottom of the image.
greuti

Post by greuti »

Hi Orbinaut,

Don't think it is a (low angle) track. It goes out of focus at the same time like the surface and it shows no "focus move" as a track it does that reaches into the aerogel.

For examples have a look at: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... php?t=1458
fjgiie
DustMod

Why this movie has a low click count:

Post by fjgiie »

• Shot of bottom edge of 6077307V1

I would have not clicked on it, but there is nothing wrong with clicking when you think there is something interesting.
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

The whole thing does come in focus late. It could be a track, I wish it were filmed a little higher so we could see a little more.

All movies clicked will be reviewed eventually. But take heart! At least you have something interesting that you clicked on! I've got a few that no one agreed with me on, even I don't agree when I review them! I think I got the camera dust. It may take then a while to review it, but you may have something there! That's why it is so important to have lots of eyes so that nothing gets missed, even if only a few find it.

If the forum is still up when we know what that is, let me know!
From dust we come