Publish Rank list of top 200 dusters?

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

ERSTRS

Publish Rank list of top 200 dusters?

Post by ERSTRS »

When I signed on in August 2006, a list of the top 200 dusters was available under Rankings. Now all I can find is a list of the top 100 dusters. Could you give us the top ranked 200 again? I'm interested because I've reached #192, and I would love to see who my co-members are. Thanks, ERSTRS
Evelyn
BIGAL

Post by BIGAL »

I think this is a great idea!!!! Since its almost impossible to get into the top 100. Please show at least the top 200. Thanks
fjgiie
DustMod

Start our Own List

Post by fjgiie »

Hi BIGAL,

If the administration does not comply with a list from 101 to 200, you could go to the Community Forum, and start a new topic. "Members From Rank 101 to 200 - Post Your Stats! -".

Thanks,

fjgiie
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Right now, you would need a score of about 8000 to break the 150 mark.
rcschroter

Post by rcschroter »

I would support the top 200 listing. I have just reached 178 and it appears that my rate of climb is just about good enough to maintain it. More important to the entire program is the large number of dusters with very low scores. The posting of milestone certificates is a good idea (even though some glitch keeps mine from printing) but are you doing anything to see why people drop out after a small amount of effort? I may be in a good spot, noone else seems to be on line when I am. :) javascript:emoticon(':)')
Smile
ERSTRS

Publish list of top 200

Post by ERSTRS »

Stardust@Home staff does an excellent job of keeping us informed and motivated to stay with the dusting. I think, however, if the list of top 200 were published too (as it was in the beginning) those of us in that group would appreciate their efforts since we have no chance of ever making the top 100. Another suggestion is that they give a certificate for a score of 10,000---Since I'll probably reach that today :-)

My present stats (Feb. 25, 2007) are: Score=9972, Movies viewed= 40031, Rank=144, percentages=99.44 & 97.24

ERSTRS
Evelyn
rcschroter

Top 200

Post by rcschroter »

ERSTERS reported approaching 10,000 a few days ago that seems to put her closing in on the top 100. The last I checked it was just over 13,000. My trip up the rankings is stalling at 177. All I need to do is miss a day and I drop three places. I am sure there are other clusters. It would be nice to know who we are.
ERSTRS

top 200 dusters reply to rcschroter

Post by ERSTRS »

Hang in there, fellow duster, you'll break out of the stalemate at 177 and move on up. I've hit what I thought was a solid brick wall several times, but by keeping working, I'd get ahead again. My score is now 10,212 and rank is #141. I was in Rank #144 for six entire days before moving out of it. Don't lose hope, you can move on up.

ERSTRS
Evelyn
rcschroter

Top 200

Post by rcschroter »

Thanks Evelyn, for the encouragement. I have not figured out how to edit a post yet (the computer is not my strong point) I am in the generation where my son showed me how. Anyway I wanted to cite my current position:

My current score is about 8200 and I have horrible percentages because I just started dusting and learned from my wrong answers. I am carrying about 600 wrong answers from learning, and have almost a hundred from fatigue or making a quick click. I gauge my performance more by the number of tracks I think I have found; 448 as of now. :D
tiggertim

Why stop at 200

Post by tiggertim »

Just a though....

If your going to add on the next 100 users, why stop there... Why not the top 500 users, that would allow me to scrape in... or maybe the top 1000 users, then most of the consistant dusters will be shown.

In reality, it is not a bother to me, I'm happy dusting away as and when I can, and I ENJOY it all, and I think that's the key.

Cheers.

Tim from down Under.
There is more to life that just the world we live on
rcschroter

Top 200

Post by rcschroter »

Tim, I am with you. When I look at the number of movies to evaluate I think we need to broaden the incentives to reach more of our number. Sure, the top 100 are elite, but the rest of us have to get hooked on climbing higher. And what is better than seeing your efforts mentioned. When I think that some of us may be dealing with dial-up connections I feel could feel guilty about climbing over them. Let's start with recognizing a large group. Does it take more time from our Stardust team or can it be automatic? :?
rlcwik

Post by rlcwik »

I am one of those slogging my way through the top 200. I have been at it for weeks now and the elusive top 100 seems further away than ever. I guess I’ll be content if I can hang in here in the top 200 for a while. For reference: Sunday March 18. I had been stuck at 150 for several days and this morning I crossed 10,000 and suddenly jumped 3 positions.

Tonight I am at:
Score 10105, Rank 147, Specificity 99.92, Sensitivity 99.88

The encouraging part is that I have about 65 possible IDPs out of about 1000 that I have tagged so far. :)
MahFL

Post by MahFL »

rlcwik wrote: The encouraging part is that I have about 65 possible IDPs out of about 1000 that I have tagged so far. :)
Strange, I have a score of 10587 and have only tagged 59 movies, with a possible 9 IDP's identified. Seems to me you have been tagging somewhat differently from me. IMHO it seems you have been tagging the wrong things... Good luck though....
MahFL

Post by MahFL »

I too would like to see a top 200 list, I have been stuck around 139 for ages....
WorWizard

Alternate Suggestion

Post by WorWizard »

How about keeping the top 100 (or 200) but making a seperate page to rank ALL users?

Wor Wizard