Keeping track of a class?

Teachers and Students, use this forum to discuss ideas for using Stardust@home in the classroom.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

morris

Keeping track of a class?

Post by morris »

I had all my students login and look for tracks today.

Is there a way that we can look at the scores of everyone in the group? (Form a team, for example?) If so, I can't figure it out.

If not, is there a way I can search for each student's score, if I know their login name?

Thanks!
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Keeping track of a class?

Post by bmendez »

morris wrote:I had all my students login and look for tracks today.

Is there a way that we can look at the scores of everyone in the group? (Form a team, for example?) If so, I can't figure it out.

If not, is there a way I can search for each student's score, if I know their login name?

Thanks!
Hi,

No, there isn't a way for one user to look up another user's score. The best thing to do would be to have your students record their scores before logging off.

If you don't trust your students to give you their real scores, then I suggest that you to collect not only their login names but also their passwords. That way you can login as them and find out what their score is.

I hope that helps,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
morris

Post by morris »

It's not really an issue of trust that I am concerned about. They did write down their scores and stats at the end of the lab time. I don't care if they were honest about those or not; they have no motivation to lie about it, so I don't expect that they did. I am walking around and seeing what they are doing, anyway, so I know generally what each student is doing.

It would just be really neat to see how this small subset of the user pool does, since they all know each other.

Anyway, thanks for your time.
lancemaria

HI

Post by lancemaria »

morris wrote:It's not really an issue of trust that I am concerned about. They did write down their scores and stats at the end of the lab time. I don't care if they were honest about those or not; they have no motivation to lie about it, so I don't expect that they did. I am walking around and seeing what they are doing, anyway, so I know generally what each student is doing.

It would just be really neat to see how this small subset of the user pool does, since they all know each other.
Anyway, thanks for your time.
And your right for that.