New Dusters Still Welcome?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

Crissy

New Dusters Still Welcome?

Post by Crissy »

Could I participate in phase 2 even if I was not able to participate in phase 1?

I am asking because it is only now, while cleaning my inbox of old emails, that I found the email that was sent to me last year regarding the launch of Stardust@Home. I hope it is not yet too late for me to participate in this project.
fjgiie
DustMod

Searching For Stardust

Post by fjgiie »

Hi Crissy,

YES , everyone is always welcome to help find stardust from interstellar space. Just go to the home page here. You will see four steps that you need to take. So click on Get Started and then each page will lead you to the next.

One thing you might do is click on the tracks in the tutorial and in the test, and as far as that goes, click on the track when you are searching for them at the virtual microscope.
Crissy

Post by Crissy »

Thanks for the reply. Can I already start with the four steps? The announcement says that registration and testing will be suspended until Phase 2 begins. Or did I misunderstand the announcement?
fjgiie
DustMod

Phase Two Has Begun

Post by fjgiie »

Crissy wrote:Thanks for the reply. Can I already start with the four steps? The announcement says that registration and testing will be suspended until Phase 2 begins. Or did I misunderstand the announcement?
Yes, when ever you get ready just go ahead with the four steps. After the test you will register to use the Virtual Microscope with a username and password. You will be starting in Phase Two.
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

And by the way, you didn't misunderstand the announcement, it was suspended until phase 2 began. But it just started, so your timing couldn't be better. There are still plenty of chances to find the dust so tell everyone around you too! Hopefully you'll get someone to do it with you!
Good luck and happy dusting, it can be addicting!
From dust we come