Improvement to search facility

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

davidddt

Improvement to search facility

Post by davidddt »

Would it be possible to adjust the ability to search by allowing zoom in and out on the sample? If I use my explorer view/zoom I can no longer focus on a suspected object if the zoom goes above 200%. Allowing the scroll button to zoom in on a pre-focussed object would help in identifying it. Or is that already possible and if so how do I do it?
Thanks,
David
DanZ
Site Admin

Re: Improvement to search facility

Post by DanZ »

Would it be possible to adjust the ability to search by allowing zoom in and out on the sample? If I use my explorer view/zoom I can no longer focus on a suspected object if the zoom goes above 200%. Allowing the scroll button to zoom in on a pre-focussed object would help in identifying it. Or is that already possible and if so how do I do it?
I think you're saying that if you zoom in on the slide using your internet browser, you get the bigger (closer) picture you want but the focusing mechanism goes off the screen, and therefore you can no longer focus in and out.

In Phase 3 there will be a new optional "Auto Focus" feature that, once clicked, automatically and continuously focuses the slide up and down. We think (although we'll need to test) that if you choose this option and then zoom in using your browser, then you'll be able to look at a "zoomed-in" portion of the slide while the Auto Focus focuses in and out for you. However, we also think using your browser to "zoom-in" affects the coordinates system to the point where nothing's accurate anymore. Again, we'll need to do some testing and let you know.

Dan
davidddt

Re: Improvement to search facility

Post by davidddt »

Yes thanks, That's exactly it. No need to sort coordinate problem if there is one. Just have to zoom out again before clicking on suspect.
David