Can I change an answer???

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

afwxgeek

Can I change an answer???

Post by afwxgeek »

I at least want to make sure a particular movie gets a good look. I clicked No Trail but as the browser was working on going to the next movie I noticed a miniscule spot. I pushed Back on the browser to get a better look and, sure enough, there was a cute little trail (or two) right there well below the surface.

I know most movies get watched many times, but I just want to make sure that 41234B gets another shot since I screwed up. :cry:
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

No you can't change it. But as you said each movie does get seen many times. It also has to be marked containing a track by several others and they also need to have a proven track record before is's considered for further review.
don't worry, together we'll get them.

+++MOD EDIT+++DB
This topic is now a FAQ. Please click below to read the FAQ

Can I change/remove an answer?
Just dusting... Image
vmk

Review candidates for containing particle tracks?

Post by vmk »

What about reviewing candidates for containing particle tracks?

I think i have some images which does not contain a track. I think i have not clicked into the image for seeing a track. I reviewed the images and now i think there is no track.
ljjaoui

missing a particle track by clicking too fast

Post by ljjaoui »

I clicked "no track" just as I realized that indeed there was an apparent particle track on the screen. I didn't pay any attention to the vm number. What should I have done or what can I do? The particle track that I believe I saw was not part of the callibration.
KarMann

Post by KarMann »

Slow down?

Also, at the time, you can use the back button to get the number (not that that helps much now), although it'll pop up the "unusual route" error message. But don't let that message stop you. It won't let you click it then, though.
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma
gamalmfalyii

Post by gamalmfalyii »

KarMann wrote:Slow down?
Indeed, it would help if you took a closer look at the slides in a more cautious manner I suppose.
"She said a good day
ain't got no rain
She said a bad day's when I lie in bed
and think of things that might have been"
sub212

Post by sub212 »

rest assured, at least 25% of us other 200 morons leafing through the files will have clicked on it - you might have been number 26 to find it.
Klemke

Missed particle candidate on movie 378097V1

Post by Klemke »

Hello everybody!
Today I clicked the "no track" button too fast. In the last second before the picture disappeared I saw a potential particle in the top left corner:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... d=378097V1
As far as I know from reading this forum, it's impossible to review a movie, so I guess there is no chance to add this particle to the "my events" list, right? Well, please remember me in case this turns out to be the discovery of the century! :wink:
Yours
Markus
Mighty Pete

Post by Mighty Pete »

It's a inclusion, But rest assured if you miss them I will not.. I'll take this time now to thank you for missing it. If people were not missing things I would not find anything. Can't say I have got a track that I voted on yet with only one view and my single vote.