my event list do not update ?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Alessandro Freda

my event list do not update ?

Post by Alessandro Freda »

Hello,

after some months that I haven't submit new events, some days ago I've submit a track on a movie that start with numbers 5310... (this all I remember), but I never see so far this movie in "my events" list.

Regards,
Alessandro
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi Alessandro,

Are you sure that it was a real movie and not a calibration movie? Did you notice your score change at all after clicking on the movie?

What was the date and time of this, and what is your username on the main website?

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
Alessandro Freda

bmendez wrote:Hi Alessandro,

Are you sure that it was a real movie and not a calibration movie? Did you notice your score change at all after clicking on the movie?

What was the date and time of this, and what is your username on the main website?

-Bryan
I'm quite sure, score do not change so I open My Events just before check the next movie, and return to the 5310... movie with the back button. Unfortunately don't remember date and time, was about a week before my post, and I think was he first access to My Events after many days.
My user name is AstroAle.
The last movie inserted in My Events was the 5765869V1 ... BTW after this "event" I successful insert a new movie (8673753V1).

Regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Freda

bmendez wrote:Hi Alessandro,

-Bryan
Ok, I've found another event!

Today about at 21:10 - 21:20 UTC clicking on a track I can see that my "overall score" (3456) do not increase. Going to my event page cannot see any update. Return with "back" to the movie can read the 2077997V1 id.

1) If 2077997V1 is a calibration, is it possible that sometimes (or on some calibrations) the score do not increase ?
2) if 2077997V1 is not a calibration, is it possible that after long period of idle the "my event" page have update problem ?

Regards,
Alessandro (astroale)
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Alessandro Freda wrote:Today about at 21:10 - 21:20 UTC clicking on a track I can see that my "overall score" (3456) do not increase. Going to my event page cannot see any update. Return with "back" to the movie can read the 2077997V1 id.
Alessandro, you don't say where on the movie you clicked, nor whether your 'Overall Score' actually decreased or simply stayed the same (as opposed to not increasing).

2077997V1 is definitely a CM (its URL says so), with a rather obvious pasted track at 164,321 (I think).

If your overall score decreased ('CMs answered correctly' remaining the same while 'CMs answered incorrectly' increased) then you must have either clicked elsewhere, or there could be another error in the Stardust coordinate database worth reporting to Bryan.

If none of these measures changed that's certainly weird, but I guess it's unlikely you're now able to know for sure; indeed, who of us regularly check them all after every single movie?
Alessandro Freda

jsmaje wrote:
Alessandro Freda wrote:Today about at 21:10 - 21:20 UTC clicking on a track I can see that my "overall score" (3456) do not increase. Going to my event page cannot see any update. Return with "back" to the movie can read the 2077997V1 id.
Alessandro, you don't say where on the movie you clicked, nor whether your 'Overall Score' actually decreased or simply stayed the same (as opposed to not increasing).
I mean it stay. My incorrectly counter is steady to 9 from long time.
2077997V1 is definitely a CM (its URL says so), with a rather obvious pasted track at 164,321 (I think).
Is possible classify a movie as calibration from the URL ? How ?

Yes, I've click the 164,321 track.
If your overall score decreased ('CMs answered correctly' remaining the same while 'CMs answered incorrectly' increased) then you must have either clicked elsewhere, or there could be another error in the Stardust coordinate database worth reporting to Bryan.

If none of these measures changed that's certainly weird, but I guess it's unlikely you're now able to know for sure; indeed, who of us regularly check them all after every single movie?
Ok, I'm not infallible, btw ... usually my habit is start to stare at the "overall score counter" just before click on a track (and going to my event page to read the "munber of agreements" is the counter stay), and I'm sufficiently sure that I do the same yesterday.

Regards,
Alessandro
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Alessandro Freda wrote:Is possible classify a movie as calibration from the URL ? How ?
See here.
pier

Post by pier »

jsmaje wrote:
Alessandro Freda wrote:Is possible classify a movie as calibration from the URL ? How ?
In my opinion the problem is more complex. It happened to me the same at least a dozen times in the past few days, 3 times only this morning.

It seems that, some times, the central computer does not accept the messages related to the identification of a track, from (our) remote computers.

Ciao

Pier