Re-image?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Groundling

Re-image?

Post by Groundling »

I have seen at least two track candidates that satisfy all of the needs except for depth below surface.
There are many others that could be resolved by being re-imaged at a deeper focus.
It would be great to see some of these candidates deeper in the jell.
Are any of these included in the group mentioned in the update of Mar 27?
It would be exciting to see a track that goes as far as we might imagine.
This would certainly spur our interest while waiting for the risky final solution.
Groundling
I have met the enemy and he is us.
Pogo
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi Groundling,

I don't know specifically what depths the team focus to when they follow up on candidates. But, I *think* they are greater depths than those of the autimatic scans placed into the VM.

I'm going to see if we can start posting some of the candidates on the forum and possibly post any of the follow-up data for those candidates as well. I think that would be great for everyone to see.

Stay tuned!
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
Groundling

Re-image

Post by Groundling »

Hi Bryan;
I assume that the usual procedure for a "bad focus" would just be to do a hands-on look and then provide a new focus which would resolve the confusion.(?)
What I wanted to ask was if the team looked at the result of a "limited surface" rescan, would the team take the opportunity to take this possible track out of the mix, or just put it back into the usual pool?
There are thousands of "marked" movies but there are a few that I have seen that could be given a 99%(?) if the focus were extended 10 or so bars below the original movie, or thrown out and ignored.
I have not provided my list. I just wonder if there are already near certain candidates. To provide such a movie that might so near match what we envision would change the outlook of the whole searching team.
Of course it may still be too early to try to single out any candidate, but I think that there are a couple that might deserve special treatment.
Groundling
I have met the enemy and he is us.
Pogo
the moon

Post by the moon »

Yes it would be great to see the follow-up data on any candidate. We've pretty much been flying blind for 8 months.