No confirmation possible "tracks" in My Events

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

marcia

No confirmation possible "tracks" in My Events

Post by marcia »

I clicked a few times on a ‘track’ but nothing happened, nor in my score of CM's, nor in my counting of Real Movies, and they were not confirmed in My Events. And I'm fairly sure they were NOT CM's!
Does anybody know what to do about this? Suppose it is a REAL track! O, boy, o boy.

I'm a fan of Anne Jump Cannon. You too?
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Hi Marcia.

Do you mean you clicked a track in the same movie more than one time and there were no changes to your page?
marcia

Post by marcia »

No, no. Sorry that I wasn't clear about that, but English is not my native language. I had this problem with different movies. I think 2 movies didn't count at all, nowhere, and 3 movies did count when I was working with the VM, but not in My Events.
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Marcia,

Thanks for the report. We have had some other reports of movies not counting either way before. So far, we haven't been able to determine if it is a problem on our side or on the users' side.

It sounds like the problem is not happening all the time, which always makes things harder to figure out. So, next time it happens could you please tell us what the ID # of the movie was, what time this happened, what kind of browser you are using, and any other information that you think might be useful.

Thanks again,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
marcia

Post by marcia »

Thanks for your reactions, guys!

I don't know, Bryan, if you can do something with the following data:
I'm working with Safari.
And the ‘missers’ happened on the 13th (Movie ID 5176669 V1 - at about 10hGMT and 3597826V1 - at about 16 GMT), and on the 14th of September(ID 6287820 - at about 6.30GMT). And today it happened 2 times, at about 17hrs GMT (= 11hrs Berkeley-time?) The Movie ID'd were: 2749773V1 and 6580255V1. I saw a deviation and clicked on it, but both movies were not counted, nor as CM correct or incorrect, nor as Real Movie.
So you can see it doesn't happen very often.
I hope this will help.