artificially inflating overall score

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

gemmy124

artificially inflating overall score

Post by gemmy124 »

Hi,

I've been reviewing movies over the last few days and have noticed this interesting pattern in the scoring system. If I log out and back in again I tend to get alot more calibration movies than the estimated 2 in 10 movies rate. Before anyone jumps down my throat for being a cheater- I have to log out and back in a bit because...
1) I have a life. Sometimes it takes me away from my machine for longer than the session inactivity/expiry time, and I find I have to log back in when I return to searching.
2) Browser issues. Other posts have referred to issues regarding the way different browsers handle the focus movies. I use Mozilla, which doesn't ask for a confirmation and also likes to chuck a darkie every so often and give the javascript loading error message. After this happens a couple of times the focus movies don't load properly, and the only way I know to fix it- log out, then log back in!
So far, I have 1071 real movies, but 384 calibration movies in total. Stardust Staff- is this normal?
icebike

Re: artificially inflating overall score

Post by icebike »

gemmy124 wrote:Hi,

I've been reviewing movies over the last few days and have noticed this interesting pattern in the scoring system. If I log out and back in again I tend to get alot more calibration movies than the estimated 2 in 10 movies rate.
If your impression is statistically valid, (and I'm not saying it is), it would seem reasonable to fire a few calibration movies down to someone who just logged in, to get them back in the groove.

Now if you are saying this allows them to tweak up their score by getting more calibration movies, I suppose it does, but it also improves there skills and that's what its all about.

So IF IT WERE TRUE, then this extra dose of CMs should only happen once a day.

BUT I don't see this happening to me, I don't perceive any extra CMs upon login.