ranking possible tracks?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

alanherbert@esinternation

ranking possible tracks?

Post by alanherbert@esinternation »

Most of my poss tracks are small and quite tentative but one looked much more probable - would it be easy to have a couple of options when clicking for a possible track instead of just OK - eg definate/maybe/marginal ? I suspect the team are getting a large no of track possibilities and the ranking by no. of hits may not be best way to pick out most likely candidates quickly...
icebike

Re: ranking possible tracks?

Post by icebike »

alanherbert@esinternation wrote:Most of my poss tracks are small and quite tentative but one looked much more probable - would it be easy to have a couple of options when clicking for a possible track instead of just OK - eg definate/maybe/marginal ? I suspect the team are getting a large no of track possibilities and the ranking by no. of hits may not be best way to pick out most likely candidates quickly...
Nope. Not possible, and not a good idea.

You see its a popularity contest among the movies. Those with the most votes get the Oscars. Those with few votes wait in line for evaluation.

Ranking by PERCENTAGE of CONFIRMATIONS is the best way, because in the end, others will mark or not mark depending on if the track caught their attention or not.

In the long run, there would be no significant difference if you could rank Definite--->Marginal, because the evaluation team would STILL have to weigh all those votes to determine which movies are going to get looked at first.

The current way is just as effective. Look back over your Events page. Those that you thought were Definite probably ALREADY have a higher percentage of confirmations than those you thought were marginal.

Heck, I have some that I look back on and wonder "What was I thinking". And sure enough, they have low confirmation scores.

The KISS method is working.