The game

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

levine54

The game

Post by levine54 »

I have read many of the posts and have come to conclusion. This is science not a game. The rank and scoring, good or average, should not be preeminate in the game. If we find a track, that and of itself should be the reward, not how far up the list one is.
thank you, Harvey s. Levine
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Hi Harvey!

I agree that this is first and formost science. Naming the dust if you are FTF (First to find), ranks, and score are all just additional things. Perhaps if the scoring and ranks were smoothed out from the beginning, it would have been less of an issue. However, some people enjoy a little friendly competition, or like to see how they are doing in regards to other people. Although I am nowhere near the top 100, I still find I'm looking out of curiosity. Finding a track would be the ultimate reward! But since a lot of us may not get that, this may be something else.

I hope that you continue to search! Good luck!
From dust we come
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Moved to the appropriate forum.
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
blair

Post by blair »

I don't know what planet you're from, but on mine, Earth, Terra, third accretive sphere orbiting Sol, science is a game.

It is not always played for fun, but it is a game in theory nonetheless.

It's called, "Guess at the truth and see if anyone can prove you wrong."

And it's got a professional league, with big-money prizes and everything.

Meanwhile, anything that motivates people to participate in this particular process is a good thing. If you're doing it for fame, or ego, or so you can brag about your points or how much mountain dew you went through in 36 hours of continuous focus paddling, so be it.