How are agreements tallied?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

stevems

How are agreements tallied?

Post by stevems »

Some movies have more than one artifact in them. You pick one, and click on it. In My Events, does the number of agreements include every click anywhere on the movie, or does it only include those who clicked on the same artifact?

For example, in the following movie,
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=15337
there are two areas that I thought looked odd. One is about 1/4 of the way from the left and 1/3 of the way down, the other is about 1/3 of the way from the right, and 1/4 of the way from the bottom. Sort of lightish areas that come into view below the surface, with no obvious surface features above them that would refract the light. I clicked on the spot on the right.

One (only one) other duster agrees with me. Did that person click on the same spot as me, or could they have clicked on the other spot?
Steve
---------------------------------------
Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely nights
Dreaming of a song.
colinsteadman

Post by colinsteadman »

Do you have to actually click on the spot your interested in or the whole image? I'm tempted to find out by clicking away from the interesting spot if I see one, but done what risk losing a point.

On the movie you've posted I cant see any interesting items let alone two? :shock: I've just had a second look and still cant see anything, can anyone else see it?
stevems

Post by stevems »

On second viewing, I can now see the bits of schmutz on the surface that's causing the diffraction lower down. The lighting in my office must be better now, or something. :oops:

Or maybe I'm more wide awake.

The original question still stands. Do the "agree-ers" have to click on the same spot as me, or if they click on a different one, do they still show up as an agreement.
Steve
---------------------------------------
Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely nights
Dreaming of a song.