Movie Allocation

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

tim_yoda

Movie Allocation

Post by tim_yoda »

I'm curious about how movies are selected for us voulenteer's scrutiny.
Are the movies we view in the VM randomly selected from all available movies, or is there some order in the dispersal of movies to confirm the evaluation of previous "track-watchers"?

How many recommendations (track/no track/bad focus) before you flag a movie for professional scrutiny?

E Plurbis Unum
icebike

Re: Movie Allocation

Post by icebike »

tim_yoda wrote:I'm curious about how movies are selected for us voulenteer's scrutiny.
Are the movies we view in the VM randomly selected from all available movies, or is there some order in the dispersal of movies to confirm the evaluation of previous "track-watchers"?

How many recommendations (track/no track/bad focus) before you flag a movie for professional scrutiny?

E Plurbis Unum
As posted in other threads (long since buried) every movie is randomly (i think) sent out to a certain minimum number of users. (At one time this was 4 users, but that has changed and the new first group count is not published as best as I know)

Then anything flagged as having a track by some number of this original group is further dispatched to a larger group. (As originally planned, 100 users in the second group - but this too is unknown).

The highest ranking movies (probably by percent of viewers that flagged it) will be selected for professional review by the dust team. AFAIK this has not happened yet.

So there is no hard and fast cutoff, its a popularity contest so to speak.