An Educational and Training Proposal

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi Folks,

As Wolter described, you will need only to click on the location in the focus movie where you think a track is located. It doesn'matter which frame of the movie you click on. The location of the click will be recorded, and then the next movie will load. Or if there is no track or the movie has a bad focus range you will have a button to click for either possibility. That information will then be recorded for the movie and the next one will load.

DustBuster's anaylsis is also spot-on!

Thanks,
Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
joecor99

Post by joecor99 »

bmendez wrote: As Wolter described, you will need only to click on the location in the focus movie where you think a track is located. It doesn'matter which frame of the movie you click on. The location of the click will be recorded, and then the next movie will load. Or if there is no track or the movie has a bad focus range you will have a button to click for either possibility. That information will then be recorded for the movie and the next one will load.

Thanks,
Bryan
I've got another question about this: what if the incredible happens, and there actually appears to be more than one track in a single movie? Will there be a way to go back to the movie just viewed?

I just got an answer to my question by reading a post by mattp on "virtual microscope support": "This is extremely unlikely, however if it does happen then you just click on one track"

Thanks matt! :)
And God said, Let there be light: And there was light.

Gen. 1:3
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

Hello all,

Regarding the over-lapping of frames, I read somewhere that there is a 10% overlap with all adjacent frames.

This is a great post/thread. Thanks for starting it, Verenique. :D

The condition in movie 10 is the one I worry about. I'm still having a hard time seeing that track. :shock: (That's how hard I've been looking at it) I hope we don't get too many of them in real life.

I just went and took another look at this movie. I found that if you swipe through the slides quickly, you could really see the particle sinking in almost as if it was happening in real time.

Here's one of my concerns: If the surface of our slides is very clean (no imperfections), are we going to be able to tell where the surface is and will we notice that a movie is out of focus?