Server overload ?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

thiery

Server overload ?

Post by thiery »

Since a few hours, it's quite impossible to scroll throught movies, as I get either the classical "cannot load image", or only a sand glass, for ever.

Of course, I reloaded the page (F5), no difference. From time to time, I get one movie, then stop.

I rebooted my computer, restarted my router, checked all I could as a network administrator, but found nothing out of order.

So, my question, is there a server overload, a hang up, a network failure ?

Thx in advance
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

I have experienced a view times that response in Holland was extremly slow, up to timeout errors, while users on the other side of the ocean were skipping happely through movie after movie.
I think there might be a (hopefully) temporary bottleneck somewhere down the line.
Just dusting... Image
greuti

Post by greuti »

Apropos slow, If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the search the movies uploaded to my computer faster than current. In recent weeks the normal upload time to me is circa 10 seconds (my connection speed would allow less than 2 seconds).

Now I would gladly know is there a standard limitation in the upload - And how fast get you normally an entire movie?

Since my time to do the search is limited I would gladly get the movies faster when it is quickly obvious that there is no track or bad focus - if it's possible. In other words I would like to be only limited by the complexity of the movies...
thiery

Post by thiery »

It was only a momentary bottleneck...

Everything's back to normal, thx for your answers